Location Bangkok ProvinceFULL_TIME
Consultant Nitipat Saengdaochai
Date posted 18 January 2019 2019-01-182019-02-18 sales bangkok TH THB 140000 150000 150000 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.th https://www.robertwalters.co.th/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
An attractive Technical Manager job covering Thailand, Vietnam and the Philippines has just recently become available at a global leading chemical manufacturer based in Bangkok.
About the Technical Manager Role:
As the Technical Manager, you are responsible for ensuring that sales targets are achieved.
- Represent externally the interests in the defined market area, i.e. coatings, adhesives and specialties; this representation can be achieved in many ways: visiting customers and potential customers; presenting CAS products in co-operation with sales and distribution personnel; striving to develop business either through customer advisory or technical support of development projects; identifying new projects; and building a network of contacts focusing on technical and influential personnel at customers/potential in order to create and maintain customer loyalty
- Conduct technical education for customers or internal sales and distribution personnel on a regular basis to promote company's technology and products; present technical information during trade fairs and seminars; being caretaker of assigned industry and update industry info
- Application development by identifying the candidates for projects and executing project management using necessary tools; manage technical projects efficiently starting from project identification, sampling, trial both internal CAS lab or external customer location to approval and commercialisation; work collaboratively with Strategic Market Development Centre (SMDC) Jakarta
- Handle promptly all technical enquiries from the customer in co-ordination with the SMDC Jakarta and sales and distribution including technical complaints monitoring and execution, and to be accountable for their completion even when other stakeholders are involved
- Analyse the whole Value Chain of CAS relevant industries ie. end-users contacts, forward marketing implementation
- Write, after each visit, a concise visit report with relevant circulation clear actions; these reports should also include:
- Accurate information regarding customer, market, competitor actions
- Forecast information and any other information regarding the customer as may be requested on an ad hoc basis e.g. customer segmentation according to tailored services etc.
- Collaborate with colleagues within the regional ASEAN or APAC, international, global account community
- Ensure sustainable profitable growth for CAS through: management of existing and development of new business through technical support of the customer in line with defined product /application / pricing strategies; promotion of CAS products at potential customers; creation of loyalty and spread of positive corporate image
To succeed in this Technical Manager role, you should have advanced analytical skills with prior relevant experience.
- Minimum bachelor's degree in Polymer/Chemical/Surface Coating Engineering or equivalent, master's degree in Business Administration (MBA) is preferred
- 10 -12 years' experience in either Technical, Production or Lab in Paint or Adhesive industry Market knowledge and trend analysis; at least seven years' experience in business development, application development, technical consulting or related; at least three years' experience in a managerial/supervisory role
- Fluent in English
- Proficient MS Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Advanced analytical skills with the ability to perform data analysis, interpretation and manage data complexity
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Technical Manager job.
Apply today or call me to discuss this new opportunity.