Business Manager (Thailand and Myanmar)
Consultant Suhaida BASOR
Date posted 07 December 2018 2018-12-072019-02-05 fmcg 1 South Sathorn Road, Thungmahamek Sathorn Bangkok 10120 Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.th
A leading food and beverage company is looking for a Business Manager (Thailand and Myanmar) to manage distributors in Thailand and Myanmar and support the business vision of the company. This job is based in Bangkok.
About the Business Manager (Thailand and Myanmar) Role:
In this business-critical role, you will develop, recommend, and gain management approval of the annual business plans for markets assigned, including unit sales, revenues, and profit goals. You will supervise the execution of the approved plan or, if necessary, recommend changes in the plans.
- Consistent with annual plans, establish monthly and quarterly targets and continually measure progress towards these targets
- Continuously review, guide, and monitor the performance of existing distributors and with approval and guidance from corporate office, identify and help select new distributors if required; outline standard selling and commission / rebate arrangements and negotiate changes in sales agreements, as appropriate
- Identify, visit and develop new Food Service (e.g. HORECA) and Industrial (e.g. Food Processing Plants) customers to generate trade leads, with or without the presence of existing distributors; present company profile, portfolio and ideation with the support from R&D team and consultant chefs; understand customers’ requirement and offer customised solution to fulfil customers’ needs
- Work closely with the Indochina marketing team to ensure a clear understanding of the marketing objectives Provide input in the marketing and media planning; supervise the execution of the marketing A&P plan to ensure the efficient and effective use of the approved marketing budgets
- Evaluate results of the marketing programs and recommend, when and where appropriate, on changes deemed necessary
- Participate in new product development projects or projects with emphasis on business development and marketing
- Work closely with distributors in the planning and execution of marketing activities including the control and monitor inventory levels, sales and distribution goals, A&P activities and new product launches
- Review and analyse each market’s product pricing structure and recommend pricing action where necessary
- Manage, lead and develop country distributor to ensure effective and efficient work process whiles upholding core value and standard of service
To succeed in the Business Manager (Thailand and Myanmar) role, you will need to have an ability to work effectively and cooperatively with other account managers.
- Degree in Business Studies or higher
- Eight years' solid experience in FMCG sales and marketing, at least two years in a managerial position, preferably from a leading MNC environment
- Experience in business development and distributor management
- Experience in HORECA / food service will be a plus
This leading food company has an outstanding international reputation in its niche markets. The business succeeds on the speed of innovation and there are great opportunities to progress in the dynamic company.
If you have a successful track record of business development and distributor management, you can take your career forward with this exciting Business Manager (Thailand and Myanmar) role.
Apply for this opportunity today.