Category Manager -Skincare & Cosmetic
Salary THB80000 - THB120000 per month + Excellent Package
Location Bangkok ProvinceFULL_TIME
Consultant Palita Wanyanaporn
Date posted 13 November 2018 2018-11-132019-01-06 retail 1 South Sathorn Road, Thungmahamek Sathorn Bangkok 10120 Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.th
An exciting new Category Manager -Skincare & Cosmetic job opportunity has been made available at a well-known store that features a variety of beauty products from more than 100 brands and also features its own make-up, skincare, beauty tools and accessories in Bangkok.
About the Category Manager –Skincare & Cosmetic Role:
Due to excellent results and future expansion plans, the Category Manager will manage a brand portfolio of axis (fragrance, skincare, make up, hair care, accessories) in areas including product and brand mix, price positioning, type of fixture and display in stores.
- Negotiate with local brand vendors to secure best possible trading terms and margins in line with set budget
- Establish and foster good relationships with suppliers to enable preferential rates and secure exclusivity in terms of gift with purchase, in store promotional activities, product launches
- Monitor and present regular updates on any emerging trends of the beauty market and the local competitive landscape
- Review and recommend listing of local brands in accordance to guidelines to enhance assortment with final validation from Regional Category team.
- Analyse and submit weekly and monthly reports on market/category performance as well as a close monitoring of the TOP brands that deliver 80% of the total business.
- Maximise linear productivity through quarterly category/brand rationalisation.
- Review effectiveness of in-store promotional activities and present recommendations for future implementations
- Contribute to annual budgeting process
- Develop tools and services to motivate and support Beauty Advisors in driving sales
- Collaborate with Marketing teams to ensure timely execution of in-store animation
- Collaborate with Training teams on new brand/ product launch to ensure store team are equipped with timely training
- Work closely with Supply Chain Dept to ensure inventory levels are optimum to support retail sales
- Interface between brands, Asia headquarter team and stores
- Track omni-channel category performance (by channel, markets, segments, margin, productivity, brand conversion & stocks management) vs set KPIs
- Execution & implementation of programs per the category strategies as defined in budget and strategies planning
- Monitoring & identification of new trends, new brands, merchandising programs and ad-hoc strategies to optimize category growth and performance
- Tracking of sales and category reports of assigned brand within team (including brand insights by segments)
The successful candidate must possess at least 5 years of proven experience in category management and strategic planning role preferable in retail and FMCG environment.
- Minimum five years' relevant experience working in beauty industry with brand or retailer.
- Highly numerate and analytical, with sound commercial judgment
- Well organized, and the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Resourceful and driven, and a passion for beauty products
- Ability to understand and act upon financial retail measurements such as sales, gross margin, inventory productivity, sell-through, and turn
- Prior experience working in new setup environment is advantageous
The successful Category Manager -Skincare & Cosmetic will join a company whose expertise has made them the leader in their field. This well-recognised brand offers a great working environment in brand new offices.
If you are a driven, determined, strategic planning and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting job.
Apply now to discuss this new opportunity.