Consultant Tanawat Kaewkumpolkul
Date posted 10 August 2018 2018-08-102018-10-09 logistics-distribution-and-supply-chain 1 South Sathorn Road, Thungmahamek Sathorn Bangkok 10120 Robert Walters Thailand
An exciting Commercial Manager job has just become available at one of the most respected global liners company based in Bangkok. Reporting directly to the Deputy General Manager, this is a role for a Trade lane manager who is a leader in their field.
About the Commercial Manager Role:
In this business critical role you will be responsible for defining the broad business development strategy, responsible for the sales and long term trade development. You will also take the lead providing direction to all marketing-related activities.
- Oversee the Sales functions, ensuring pricing strategies are adhered to and well executed, including client management to ensure high level of customer satisfaction
- Ensure smooth and efficient functioning of the commercial divisions, including:
- Overlooking daily activities of Commercial Team
- Responsible for stargazing commercial activities /increase the volume & guide the team to achieve set volume budgets & resolve commercial issues
- Regular communication with liners & customers to update & get updated on the market situation
- Maximising load factors and ensure pricing strategies are carried out
- Ensure Trade Managers & Sales Manager adhere to pricing and allocation guide line
- Provide market feedbacks and proposals report
- Assist Finance team to coordinate with sales to recover outstanding money from customers
- Coordinate with Operations for optimum utilisation of company Vessels
- Monitor & guide Trade Managers for allocation monitoring space utilisation
- Keep statistics updated for the respective trades and analyse trend. Assist GM with regular updates to Commercial Team
- Maintain up-to-date market / client contacts
- Review prospects / bookings and inventory weekly
- Provide benchmark on local collections
- Review and make appropriate recommendations on Credit Facilities
- Timely review with General Manager on Lifting performances
- Lead teams in weekly/monthly meeting
To succeed in this role, you must have strong team management experiences.
- Over 15 years working experience, must have trade lane experiences
- Bachelor degree in business administration or related field
This international Sea Liner company needs no introduction and is recognised as the leader in their field of expertise. With great clients and known for their corporate entertainment, they've won many awards. The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude the potential rewards are significant. The firm is also very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Commercial Manager job.
Apply today to discuss this new opportunity.