Procurement Program Manager
Salary THB100000 - THB120000 per month + Performance Bonus + Provident Fund + Health Insurance
Location Samut Prakan ProvinceFULL_TIME
Consultant Amarin Nilvanich
Date posted 11 April 20192019-04-11 2019-06-10 electronics Samut Prakarn TH THB 100000 120000 120000 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.th
An attractive Procurement Program Manager (x1 vacancy) job with managerial opportunity in a prestigious world’s leading electronics appliances manufacturer based in Bangkok has just become available.
About the Procurement Program Manager Role:
Reporting to the Plant Manager, you will lead procurement activities related to NPD programs assuring readiness for samples, pre-pilot, pilot, and production ramp up builds and manage team of procurement in Thailand. As the Procurement Program Manager you will be in charge of participating in and represent procurement function during plant or product Value Analysis/Value Engineering (VAVE) or Major Model Review (MMR) events. Responsible for collecting and communicating commodity actions following event.
Salary range: THB 100k – 120k per month + Performance Bonus + Provident Fund + Health Insurance
- Project leader responsible for multiple Procurement projects, working with cross-functional teams and standard work to build and execute project implementation plans for productivity and continuous improvement projects
- Partner with Commodity teams to assist with projects charter, benefits, and resource requirements. Active participant in sector/plant productivity gate reviews ensuring that required cross-functional resources are allocated to execute projects as outlined
- Responsible for monitoring active projects, updating status, eliminating roadblocks, and escalating issues as appropriate
- Investigate, coordinate and communicate project changes. Create and make revisions to project schedules, business cases, risk assessments and other project management tools. Create and conduct presentations for project approvals and monthly status
- Identify gaps to goals and collaboratively develop and support countermeasures and activities to close the gap and exceed targets
- Manage reporting of Procurement financial metrics (forecast and actual) including productivity and inflation for responsible plants or projects Support the development of the Annual Operating Plan for productivity projects, targets and initiatives. Support standard setting process for responsible plants
- Support Commodity team goals by leading and executing supplier rationalisation, quality and delivery improvement projects. Work to align strategies between commodity and Sector localisation, plant rationalisation and similar
- Coordinate continuous improvement idea sessions for responsible plants. Generate and evaluate new ideas and opportunities aligned with plant priorities and strategies
- Proactively work and communicate all shortages to program team and work with commodity teams and suppliers to resolve
- Assure all documents (purchase orders, shortage reports, and PPAP information) are loaded in project Share Point sites
- Assure correct suppliers are selected for new business by working with commodity managers and following commodity strategies
- Communicate changes in supply base spend and new products to commodity teams to assure optimum leverage as early as possible in the process
- Assure suppliers have sufficient installed capacity to support production ramp up quantities and can sustain these capacities
To succeed in this role, you will need to have the ability to responsible for coordinating with commodity teams, materials, operations, engineering, finance, quality, and field operations to complete projects and achieve expected benefits within project time line and possesses a keen understanding of manufacturing environment.
- Bachelors’ degree in business or engineering with a minimum of eight years of project management experience
- Minimum eight years’ experience in procurement working in a diversified industrial company/organisation in the areas of procurement, new product development, engineering, project management, quality, finance and/or operations
- Working knowledge of six sigma tools, lean manufacturing is a plus
- Experience in international sourcing, supplier development, materials management, and/or supplier quality a plus
- Oracle experience in a global environment is beneficial
- Ability to travel up to 20%
This electronics appliances manufacturer has an outstanding international reputation in its field and great value is placed on training and development. With more than a hundred years history this is a great brand to join at an exciting time in their environment.
If you are a progressive Procurement Manager with a can-do attitude, this is an excellent opportunity to work with an industry leader that is constantly breaking new ground.
Apply today to discuss this new opportunity.
Robert Walters Recruitment (Thailand) Limited
Recruitment License No.: น. 1188 / 2551