Regional Utilities Sourcing Manager - Asia
Consultant Lionel Blondiau
Date posted 13 November 2018 2018-11-132018-12-29 manufacturing-and-production 1 South Sathorn Road, Thungmahamek Sathorn Bangkok 10120
An excellent Regional Utilities Sourcing Manager job based in Bangkok has just arisen at one of the world’s leading chemical companies. Your main responsibility is to support a large, complex business unit with a global remit.
About the Regional Utilities Sourcing Manager - Asia Role:
The Regional Utilities Sourcing Manager role will focus on energy sourcing activities for plants based across Asia Pacific. You will be based in Bangkok to develop the strategic direction for the gas, electricity and steam sourcing activities across Asia.
- Gather market intelligence and knowledge about the players in the Asian energy markets
- Manage the energy supply for sites concerning electricity, steam and gas and create savings for the group
- Lead the internal purchasing team as well as with the energy management of the sites
- Work with the business line team to identify and develop key policies areas for the business
- Support energy regulations in attending and representing the group at meetings, events and conferences with partners and other stakeholders
- Prepare tenders for steam, electricity and gas etc. with the consideration of all relevant information from internal customers
- Meet with potential suppliers and negotiate the contract conditions
- Create sourcing savings for the internal customers
- Discuss and update the negotiation results with the internal customers
To succeed in this Regional Utilities Sourcing Manager - Asia role, you will need to have at least five years' of sourcing experience in the industry and/or energy market.
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in BA, Engineering or a related area or equivalent
- Deep understanding of the energy supplier market intelligence across Asia
- Able to define in the Asian segments the appropriate purchasing strategies
- Able to manage life and deployment of procurement contracts, to ensure and respect the agreement
- Proven negotiator and influencer with the ability to build a professional relationship and trust at all levels of the business and the company
- Good experience with undertaking strategic sourcing projects across direct and indirect categories
- Willing to travel in Asia on regular basis
- Excellent communication skills in English due to the nature of the business
Joining this world leader in the chemical industry, you will be part of a growing team with the ability to influence senior stakeholders and participate in strategic decision making. They partner with companies around the globe and plan to provide broader range of chemical innovation to satisfy high-tech customers. They also provide warm and active environment of work for all their employees.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Regional Utilities Sourcing Manager - Asia job.
Apply today to discuss on this new and exciting opportunity.