Regional Trading & Risk Management Director – Food Commodities
Location Bangkok Province
Consultant Lionel Blondiau
Date posted 26 June 20181 South Sathorn Road, Thungmahamek Sathorn Bangkok 10120 Robert Walters Thailand
A global leading food company is looking for a Regional Trading & Risk Management Director – Food Commodities to be based in Bangkok to lead Risk Management, Trading and Sourcing operations across the Asia Pacific region as part of the job scope. In this position you will drive a major strategic department and operate in a multi-stakeholder environment with worldwide exposure to the C-Level management team.
Regional Trading & Risk Management Director – Food Commodities Role:
Reporting to the Regional Head you will provide strategic direction and oversight for all aspects of the Trading, Risk Management and Sourcing operations for SEA (commodity merchandising, formulation, logistics, value capture through the pricing process, and supply planning). This position will be based in Bangkok and manages the commodity risk position and makes strategic merchandising decisions on the commodities for the different SEA business units. The role ensures that the link between purchasing, formulation and pricing is consistently applied across the geography to capture differentiated value to the organisation.
- Develop and execute commodities strategy for SEA and South Asia business units
- Collaborate and align with Global Office on key macro sourcing and is responsible for the execution of future/options in the region
- Provide direction and guidance on local ingredients sourcing in SEA markets with local and regional merchants
- Harmonise the supplier base and apply appropriate measures to bring them on global standards
- Work with senior leaders and cross functional teams in pursuit of sustainable best-in-class strategic supply chain and purchasing practices
- Participate in strategic customer projects to manage all internal and external stakeholders
- Responsible for ensuring the link between sourcing, formulation and pricing processes and teams
The successful candidate for this unique position must have at least 10 years' business management experience in the commodity trading business associated risk management roles within the food industry.
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree in Business or related field
- Trading experience as well as commodity risk management, including futures, options and cash markets for hedging purposes
- Ability to form and manage our local ingredient sourcing teams within the guidelines of the companies' guiding principle
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English to communicate effectively with stakeholders involved that will speak and read in the language such as with regional and global stakeholders
- Entrepreneurial, self-driven, strong leadership and influencing skills
- Requires a high level of original and independent thinking: strategic position, problem solving, making complex deals, etc
- Must be proficient in the use of basic business software (Microsoft Office Package, Outlook)
- This role is open to all nationalities
With a turnover of more than 60 Billion EUR and more than 80.000 employees worldwide this company is the clearly the leader in the food industry.
If you are driven and determined risk management professional, then this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this Regional Risk Management and Sourcing Director – Food role.
Apply today to discuss this new opportunity.