VP Purchasing - APAC
Consultant Lionel Blondiau
Date posted 07 May 20181 South Sathorn Road, Thungmahamek Sathorn Bangkok 10120 Robert Walters Thailand
A global leading automotive company is looking for a VP Purchasing - APAC to be based in Thailand to lead and improve their entire purchasing operations across the Asia Pacific region.
About the VP Purchasing - APAC Role:
Reporting to the global functional head and the APAC CEO you will lead all purchasing operations for APAC. You will drive the consistent adoption of continuous improvement and quality management to develop all Purchasing operations across the region for 5 manufacturing plants.
- Build up and lead the regional supplier development and purchasing organisation in Asia-Pacific and
- Identify and develop suppliers in region Asia-Pacific in order to assure localisation projects for the countries and global demand of the group
- Competency build up in the countries for the specific new projects and new technologies, build up cross-country/ cross-regional technology and quality network
- Harmonise the supplier base and apply appropriate measures to bring them on global standards
- Work with senior leaders and cross functional teams in pursuit of sustainable best-in-class strategic supply chain and purchasing practices
- Participate in strategic customer projects to manage all internal and external stakeholders
- Develop best practice processes to improve execution efficiency contributing better margins and helping to grow the business
The successful candidate for this unique position must have at least fifteen years' regional purchasing experience in an international manufacturing environment and a strong background in the automotive industry.
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in Engineering
- Strong background in supplier development and supplier quality management across different countries in a matrix organisation structure
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English
- Entrepreneurial, self-driven, good leadership and influencing skills
- Strong knowledge of SAP is a must
- Open to all nationalities
With a turnover of more than 15 Billion USD and more than 80.000 employees worldwide this company is the clear leader one their market. In this position you will drive a major strategic department and operate in a multi-stakeholder environment with worldwide exposure to the C-Level management team.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career this VP Purchasing - APAC is the role for you.
Apply now for this great opportunity.