Senior Procurement Manager
Salary Attractive Package
Location Bangkok Province
Consultant Sirianong Thalerngsri
Date posted 24 March 20181 South Sathorn Road, Thungmahamek Sathorn Bangkok 10120 Robert Walters Thailand
A Senior Procurement Manager job is now open at the UK’s international organisation for cultural relations and educational opportunities. They create friendly knowledge and understanding between the people of the UK and other countries. Using the UK’s cultural resources they make a positive contribution to the countries they work with – changing lives by creating opportunities, building connections and engendering trust.
About the Senior Procurement Manager Role:
In this challenging role, you will report directly to the Head of Regional Procurement and be responsible for leading on the development of strategic procurement for a country cluster within a region to maximise efficiency and ensure compliance with global procurement policies and processes. You will also lead and promote cross country procurement activities and ensure consideration of collaboration of opportunities is undertaken on regional large scale procurement work.
- Develop business knowledge including understanding company’s strategic direction and ensuring this is reflected as appropriate in the category strategies so that supplier services and aligned to and support delivery
- Be a source of knowledge and provide advice to colleagues in the general area of contracting with suppliers of goods and services, procurement tools and techniques especially in the public sector
- Use central spend analysis data and local knowledge, manage and forecast spend on behalf of the cluster delivering tangible financial savings and efficiencies through value-add procurement activities
- Support the implementation and use of e-procurement technology to increase operational efficiency, delivering the implementation of agreed payment method changes
- Work with regional head and other cluster managers advise which spend categories to tender and perform market analysis ensuring alignment to category plans where they exist or are being established
- Develop a qualitative and quantitative measurement and feedback system for suppliers and ensure regular reporting to support the supplier management
- Support/lead contract negotiation for major regional contracts and ensure fair and logical evaluation of bids to ensure best value for money
- Responsible for managing and forecasting spend with suppliers on behalf of the business and contract half yearly value for money reviews and implement improvements
To succeed in this Senior Procurement Manager role you must be good in managing people and teams and also able to lead small projects, analysing data & problems and having commercial business sense.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business administration, Economics, Supply Chain & Logistics or any related field
- At least ten years working experience with three to five years of procurement management
- Fluent in English, creative and adaptable in communications
- Strong negotiation skill, supplier and category management
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, experience in SAP R3 is a plus
- Ability to travel within the region
This organisation needs no introduction and offers a great working environment. The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude the potential rewards are significant.
If you want to be part of a modern, rapidly changing organisation with worldwide influence and impact, this job offers you a scope for versatility, initiative and creativity in a stimulating and supportive environment.
Apply today to discuss this new opportunity.