Head of Medical (Vaccine) - Thailand and Myanmar
Salary THB350000 - THB400000 per month + + Provident Fund + Allowance + Health Insurance
Consultant Napa-on Ounban
Date posted 23 September 20192019-09-23 2019-11-22 pharmaceuticals Bangkok TH THB 350000 400000 400000 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.th https://www.robertwalters.co.th/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Salary Field: THB350k - 400k per month + Provident Fund + Allowance + Health Insurance An exciting Head of Medical, Vaccines (x 1 vacancy) job has just become available at one of the most respected global pharmaceutical companies base in Bangkok.
About the Head of Medical Role:
In this business critical role you will be responsible for defining the broad medical strategy, delivering the highest quality service alongside global and regional HQ functions. You will also take the lead providing the direction to all medical-related activities.
The salary range for this role is THB350k - 400k per month + Provident Fund + Allowance.
- Define medical strategy with special focus on prioritised strategic evidence generation plans for Thailand/Myanmar, aligned with Regional and Global Franchise strategy
- Lead and consolidate the required medical information and activities to develop a robust and comprehensive strategy aligned with local objectives and priorities
- Proactively identify emerging trends, integrate them into business strategies for launch and life-cycle and assessment of public market access/ private market needs
- Shape clinical strategies pertaining development activities and post-licensure commitment of company’s products
- Build strong external medical and scientific relationships
- Identification and management of all external key opinion leaders (KOL) that will help advocate the public health need of company’s products
- Interact with the different KOLs and other medical specialists, facilitating scientific exchange
- Build and maintain good relationship and partnership of company with external stakeholders and institutions
- Generate clinical and epidemiological evidence in close collaboration with external investigators
- Address clinical/medical queries from external stakeholders
- Share and disclose outcome from company-sponsored studies and develop review articles that contribute to medical education and scientific exchange associated with company’s vaccine franchise and public health impact
- Provide vaccine related medical leadership and input to the Pharmacovigilance team
- Foster and encourage strong cross functional collaboration with internal stakeholders, demonstrating medical leadership and partnership
- Work in collaboration with the different functions (g. marketing and sales, regulatory, public affairs, key account management,pharmacovigilance) at Global, Regional or Country
- level in the definition and implementation of the strategy.
- Provide scientific/medical input and insights to marketing and sales colleagues to maximise asset value based aligned with Franchise medical strategies
- Provide and contribute to training activities
- Lead and manage Thailand/Myanmar medical organisation
- Drive scientific planning and content for company activities at scientific meetings
- Execute scientific meetings with local experts (e.g. advocacy board, clinical research update, masterclass)
- Develop a leading medical organisation
- Nurture and develop Thailand/Myanmar Medical team members
- Promote high performance culture
- Provide valuable medical expertise in a compliant & ethical manner
- Be accountable for Medical Governance for Thailand/Myanmar.
- Medical review and approval of promotional and non-promotional materials
- Oversight of interaction and engagement with health care providers
To succeed in this role, you must have the ability to articulate strategy to medical teams you will take the lead in medical management.
- Medical Degree
- Post graduate degree/qualifications in Public Health, Pediatrics or Infectious Disease
- Physician with over seven years' experience in Pharmaceutical Industry leading a Medical/Clinical function
- Leading and managing a team with the Medical function
- Experience as a Head of Medical is preferable
- Vaccines experience an advantage and preferable
- Knowledge/experience and/or degree in infectious disease field, vaccine field and/or healthcare
- Ability to synthesise information and translate it into actionable intelligence
- Strategic mindset with focus on execution
- Business and Market access acumen
- Ability to navigate in a matrix environment and to cooperate transversally
- Strong ability to build and maintain networks with internally and key external stakeholders
- Good Leadership and management skills
- Strong communication, influencing & negotiation skills
- Inspirational leader, flexible, self-motivated, ability to establish credibility
- Interest in talent development
- Fluent in English and Thai
This international pharmaceutical company needs no introduction and is recognised as the leader in their field of expertise. The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have can-do attitude the potential rewards are significant.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Head of Medical job.
Apply today for this new opportunity.
Robert Walters Recruitment (Thailand) Limited
Recruitment License No.: น. 1188 / 2551