Medical Affairs Manager (Aesthetic)
Salary Allowance + Bonus
Consultant Srisakul Thunwuthikul
Date posted 18 May 20181 South Sathorn Road, Thungmahamek Sathorn Bangkok 10120 Robert Walters Thailand
A leading international aesthetic business is seeking an experienced Medical Affairs Manager to support medical/scientific information needs of scientific experts and other health care professionals.
About the Medical Affairs Manager (Aesthetic) Role:
Reporting to the Country Head, you will be responsible for providing answers that matter and facilitating scientific exchange between industry and the scientific expert community, medical liaisons have the opportunity to improve patient outcomes by providing needed information that addresses important clinical and scientific questions.
- Supporting medical/scientific information needs of scientific experts and other health care professionals
- Serving as reliable, trusted resources of accurate, up-to-date medical and scientific information requested by scientific experts and other health care professionals
- Maintaining the highest level of knowledge regarding current disease state product and investigational compound information to enable them to be scientifically credible peers of scientific experts
- Utilising appropriate resources to stay current with the scientific literature
- Attending external national and international scientific meetings
- Meeting with peer group regularly for formal shared learning
- Facilitation of research initiatives
- Facilitating of interactions between medical personnel and external investigators
- Providing recommendations for investigators based on the researcher’s interests and qualifications
- Identifying opportunities for potential external research collaborations
- Facilitating aspects of the Investigator-Initiated Trial (IIT) process
- On a limited basis, participating in clinical trial execution, including study development, initiation and close-out activities
- Identifying key scientific developments, new research methodologies, therapy trends and/or other developments in the aesthetics area
- Sharing feedback from external experts including their perspectives on data and medical/scientific concepts, views of the general aesthetics area landscape and clinical experiences
- Share learning from publications, external medical conferences and other appropriate channels internally
- Conducting training on scientific/medical information content at product informational speaker training events
- Responding to unsolicited questions in the medical information area of a medical conference exhibit booth
- Developing and delivering educational presentations in accordance with applicable procedures
- Providing scientific training for sales, marketing or other internal personnel
To succeed in the Medical Affairs Manager (Aesthetic) job, you will need to have the ability to work effectively and cooperatively with internal and external matrix.
- Advanced degree in health sciences (PharmD, M.D., Ph.D. in a medically related field) required with solid relevant clinical or aesthetics experience desired
- Master's or Bachelor's level degree in Health Sciences (RN, RPh, PA, Certified Diabetes Educator, NP and etc.) considered if substantial clinical, research or industry (medical/scientific role) experience in relevant aesthetics area is present
- Strong knowledge or passion of aesthetics
- Strong interpersonal skills, including capability to engage in professional relationship building and networking
- Advanced presentation skills
- Expertise in literature identification and evaluation
- Familiarity with the academic community and the medical research and medical education process
This international pharmaceutical company needs no introduction and is recognised as the leader in their field of expertise. With great clients and known for their active innovation and patient-oriented, they've won many awards. The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude the potential rewards are significant. The company is also very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Medical Affairs Manager (Aesthetic) job.
Apply today or call me to discuss this new opportunity.