Medical Affairs Manager
Salary Attractive Package
Consultant Chalasai Payakapan
Date posted 27 March 20181 South Sathorn Road, Thungmahamek Sathorn Bangkok 10120 Robert Walters Thailand
A world-leading pharmaceutical firm is recruiting a Medical Affairs Manager in Bangkok to join their team. In this Medical Affairs Manager job, you will be responsible for developing local medical affairs strategy in line with the global strategy, local insights and market conditions.
About the Medical Affairs Manager Role:
In this business critical role you will take the lead to drive stakeholder trust, partnership, scientific credibility and reputation of the company.
- Develop local medical affairs strategy in line with the global strategy, local insights and market conditions, and secure implementation of planned medical affairs activities within the designated therapeutic areas
- Coordinate scientific meeting, symposia, congresses, continuous medical education (CME) and other medical/scientific exchange and engagement activities which could bring additional value to the relevant therapy area; develop strategic engagement plan(s) for local customer-facing medical activities and events and ensure timely execution of planned medical affairs activities in an efficient and compliant way
- Establish and maintain professional and credible relationships with thought leaders/external experts and academic centres
- Prioritise and define activities to meet scientific and medical needs and clinical care gaps within the designated TA; ensure that the medical affairs plan captures defined activities and priorities
- Ensure medical enquiries are responded to in a high quality, timely manner and in accordance with applicable standards; establish standard response documents as appropriate, for frequently asked questions
- Provide medical/scientific input into the development and execution of clinical trial or clinical research related activities, including initiation and oversight of clinical studies/clinical research within the respective therapeutic area; develop local strategy for non-interventional studies/investigator initiated trial activities
- Approve publication plan/publications as necessary
To succeed in this Medical Affairs Manager role you must have the ability to work effectively and cooperatively with internal teams and possess a knowledge of the pharmaceutical environment.
- Three to five years pharmaceutical industry experience in medical affairs
- Ability to understand and interpret scientific data
- Effective communication skills is essential - both written and spoken in Thai and English
- Strong interpersonal/influencing and presentation skills
- Self motivated, proactive, innovative with insight, balanced scientific-business acumen and professionalism
- Strong ethical mindset
- Hands-on exposure in clinical trials
This company is much more than a pharmaceutical and is anything but traditional. They have the people and ethos to act with speed, innovation, enterprise and creativity. The scope of the offer, the size of the business, the freedom and autonomy to drive your career forward all adds up to a great place to work.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Medical Affairs Manager job.
Apply now to discuss this new opportunity.