Medical Scientific Laisons - Vaccine
Salary Attractive Package
Location Bangkok ProvinceFULL_TIME
Consultant Napa-on Ounban
Date posted 14 September 2018 2018-09-142018-10-28 pharmaceuticals 1 South Sathorn Road, Thungmahamek Sathorn Bangkok 10120 Robert Walters Thailand
A leading international pharmaceutical business is seeking a high-calibre Medical Scientific Laisons in Bangkok to support a large, complex business unit with a large remit.
About the Medical Scientific Laisons - Vaccine Role:
Reporting to Medical Affairs, you will be leading to engage in non-promotional peer-to-peer communication & provide medical/scientific information to scientific leaders and key decision makers based on cutting-edge scientific exchange and services oriented towards the stakeholder’s professional interests & needs.
- Engaging in non-promotional peer-to-peer exchange of medical and scientific information with SLs or KDMs to the extent permitted by law and local regulation, local industry codes and other provisions of the guiding principles for Ex-US GMA/OGMA external stakeholder-facing activities
- Gaining deep insights on disease, therapeutic area and healthcare needs, data gaps and challenges in their local geography
- Representing MA (Medical Affairs) at local or regional non-promotional medical events (eg. Medical Congresses and Symposia); they may collaborate in the coordination of pre-event scientific information and post-event scientific summaries
- Responding to unsolicited requests for medical, scientific, pipeline or marketed product information or indications from SLs or KDMs utilising appropriate approved scientific materials
- Responding (one-to-one) to unsolicited requests for information on company research and/or grant activities by directing SLs or KDMs
- On a reactive basis, can share the publicly available AOIs with SLs and direct them to the website for further information
- Participating in Scientific Advisory Board Meetings or Expert Input Forums when there is a defined role
- Providing medical/scientific support, including written documentation and/or verbal interactions for Health Technology Assessments (HTA) and formulary decisions; such support is provided following the principles of scientific exchange as outlined in the Guiding Principles for Ex-US GMA/OGMA External Stakeholder-Facing Activities
The successful Medical Scientific Laisons - Vaccine will be strong in scientific knowledge, sound scientific and clinical judgement and eagerness to continue to learn.
- Advanced scientific degree is strongly preferred, such as MD (or equivalent), PharmD or PhD in a life science, preferably with clinical knowledge of assigned therapeutic area; at minimum, college education degree in pharmacy
- Minimum of two years of pharmaceutical experience is strongly preferred; experience in assigned therapeutic area is highly preferred
- Strong scientific baseline knowledge in assigned therapeutic area(s), clinical trial methods, implementation and data interpretation, sound scientific and clinical judgement, and eagerness to continue to learn more in depth about a specific therapeutic area
- Ability to present scientific and other technical information with confidence, in a way that engenders trust and credibility
- Excellent communication skills across a variety of internal and external audiences including listening skills and probing skills
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to function within a team environment
- Ability to multiple tasks at the same time and work under pressure
This company is much more than pharmaceutical services and is anything but traditional. They have the people and ethos to act with speed, innovation, enterprise and creativity. The scope of the offer, the size of the business, the freedom and autonomy to drive your career forward all adds up to a great place to work.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this Medical Scientific Laisons - Vaccine is the role for you.
Apply now for this great opportunity.