Category Development Manager
Salary Attractive Package
Location Bangkok Province
Consultant Supang Nenbumroong
Date posted 11 April 20181 South Sathorn Road, Thungmahamek Sathorn Bangkok 10120 Robert Walters Thailand
A leading FMCG company is looking for Category Development Manager to enhance demand through company's customers in a specific channel and cost-effective way.
About the Category Development Manager Role:
As the Category Development Manager, you will be responsible to lead category and analyse results from category insight study. You will work closely with both consumer and trade marketing to develop strategies and tactics and execute it against the category, brand and customer strategies.
- Assessment of category performance both internal (shipment) and external (scan data, syndicated data and etc.)
- Lead development of strategy which seeks to exploit incremental sales growth opportunities in existing and emerging
- Establish objectives and KPIs for all categories and ensure tracking mechanisms are in place and utilised
- Anticipate, predict and proactively respond to competitive moves
- Track, review and modify channel and customer plans to ensure objectives are achieved
- Conduct pre and post analyses of customer and channel promotions, develops a library/golden rule of ROI learning and adjust business plans based on results to drive improved ROI in all types of trade spending
- Apply shopper and trade insights and performance assessment to develop recommendations for product, pricing, promotion, placement and POP Media
- Ensure trade marketing and in-store staff are supplied user-friendly guidelines for management and execution of 5P strategies/tactics
- Regular market visit and field sales contact in order to validate strategy vs. execution
- Development, management and communication of the activity grid to all functional stakeholders
- Coordinate/develop and communicate activity grid for campaigns, new products, promotions and pricing
- Optimise resources and leverage trade spending among customers, categories, and brands/products and ensure fair and equitable resource allocation
To succeed in Category Development Manager job, you will need to have the ability to work effectively and cooperatively with other account managers.
- Master’s degree in related fields
- Five to ten years of direct experience and in FMCG environment
- Good computer skills (MS Office)
- Strong analytical skills
- Very good command of both spoken and written English
- Able to start working as soon as possible
This leading FMCG company has an outstanding international reputation in the markets. The business succeeds on the speed of innovation and there are great opportunities to progress in the dynamic company.
If you have a successful track record and enjoy working in a team environment, you can take your career forward with this exciting opportunity.
Apply now for this great opportunity.