Corporate Communications Manager
Consultant Nitipat Saengdaochai
Date posted 14 November 2018 2018-11-142019-01-13 marketing 1 South Sathorn Road, Thungmahamek Sathorn Bangkok 10120 Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.th
An exciting Corporate Communications Manager job has just become available at one of the most respected global Chemical Companies based in Bangkok. This person should have passionate about making a difference to the company’s PR and communications by increasing company's profile and enhance the quality of PR write-ups including establishing the company’s relationships with national and local media to promote the company’s business and CSR activities to build the company’s reputation; and developing the crisis communication plan for the company to be well-prepared for reputation protection. In addition, this role will lead and provide guidance including ensuring the achievement of corporate citizenship program implementation.
About the Corporate Communications Manager Role:
This role calls for someone passionate about making a difference to the company’s PR and communications by increasing company ’s profile and enhance the quality of PR write-ups including establishing the company’s relationships with national and local media in MTP to promote the company’s business and CSR activities to build the company’s reputation; and developing the crisis communication plan for the company to be well-prepared for reputation protection.
Also required to work closely with internal and community affairs in MTP to ensure the alignment of corporate key messages. The candidate should also be a strategic thinker and executer able to align such PR and communications activities with business and operations priorities.
Prior experience in PR and corporate communications or with strong media network is an advantage.
About the Role:
- Reporting to the PA manager for Thailand and working with the country leadership team and site leadership team, be responsible for strategy development and implementation of branding, public relations, media, external communications, and crisis communication.
- This role includes areas such as editorial works, global and regional media support, press release, media relations, public relation, crisis communication, and PR materials productions covering both Bangkok and MTP (Rayong) site.
- Raise profile of Company among target stakeholders and work closely with colleagues in Rayong.
Critical Success Factors:
- Strong media, PR writing skill, and public relations skills with experience in external/ corporate communications
- Some experience in corporate social responsibility field
- Possess strategic thinking skills to align communication programs with business and operations priorities
- A quick learner and self-motivator; willing to learn and understand Dow’s businesses, products, services, and work processes
- A collaborator – able to work within the PA team, across functions, and with external organizations
- Excellent interpersonal relationships
- Highly self-motivated, initiative and independent; can operate with broad direction and frequently initiates concepts, program proposals, and the adoption of ideas new to Dow
- Awareness/appreciation of global implications of decisions and actions being proposed
- Thai's Nationality due to the nature of the business
- Bachelor’s degree in a Communications-related discipline preferred
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in editorial work and PR & communication or related field
- Excellent English communication skills (TOEIC>900 preferred)
- Experience in a multinational environment, and/or petroleum/petrochemical industry, and/or PR agency is an advantage
- Be flexible to travel to Rayong to support community affairs team for CSR activities occasionally.
Global Chemical Company combines science and technology knowledge to develop premier materials science solutions that are essential to human progress. One of the strongest and broadest toolkits in the industry, with robust technology, asset integration, scale and competitive capabilities.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for
you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Corporate Communications Manager job.
Apply today to discuss this new opportunity.