Head of Legal
Salary variable bonus + insurance + provident fund
Consultant Kullaporn Chaleedam
Job Ref 1820700/001
Date posted 28 June 2022bangkok legal/corporate-law 2022-07-14 2022-08-27 it Bangkok TH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.th https://www.robertwalters.co.th/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A global software development company is recruiting a Head of Legal (x1) in Bangkok office to join their international division based in Bangkok.
About the Head of Legal Role:
Reporting to CEO in Thailand, you will handle wide range of legal works within organisation, from commercial contract, corporate law, labour law, negotiation, as well as being business partner with other functions. You will enjoy variable bonus and insurance for this role.
- Oversee legal function including managing corporate affairs, governance and controls, company secretary
- Review legal document, contracts, and provide consultation to the other business function relating to legal issues
- Provide legal advisory to local management or Business Heads from time to time
- Draft and vet legal agreement, i.e. Internal agreements and external vendor agreements, IT services, agreements, license agreements, non-disclosure agreements, settlement agreements etc)
- Monitor legal changes in the area of business requirement and provide support to the relevant team for interpretation and risk assessments
- Manage notices issued on the company, litigation or inquiry / enquiry by engaging relevant experts or by self; depending on cost arbitrage
- Manage topics of intellectual property advise, competitional laws, support on mergers and acquisition on case to case basis
- Be accountable and responsible as a Corporate Secretary for the conduct of the company, which would include internal facilitating in preparing the agenda for the board meetings, other materials as may be required for such meeting including coordinate with relevant function and take minutes in the Board of Directors meeting
- Perform tasks of filing of required corporate documents from time to time with regulators (if any)
- Participate in internal governance meetings or internal committees representing the function and support the local management or business heads to take decisions based on local regulatory conformity including by identifying and reporting potential legal risks
- Participate in functional meetings driven by the group and standardise local function to the objectives and ambitions thereof
- Managing external counsels when engaged from time to time on various topics
To succeed in this role, you must have good command of English.
- University degree in Law from a top tier accredited institution
- Lawyer’s license in Thailand
- Thai Barrister at law would be a plus
- Minimum 15 years in legal and Corporate Secretary field (Financial, IT, Insurance, Technology, ITES business)
- Deep understanding local legal system of Thailand, including but not limited to civil law, contract law, company law, international trade, tax and commercial law, labour law.
- High ethics and integrity should be part of the operational culture
- Fluency in both Thai language & English with high level legal drafting skills
- Excellent oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to work flexible hours and to travel when needed
This leading company has an outstanding international reputation in its field. This well-recognised brand offers a great working environment.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you.
If you would like to apply for this role or find out more, please contact Kullaporn Chaleedam on +66 2 344 4826 or email to Kullaporn.email@example.com quoting the Job Reference No. 1820700
Due to the high volume of applications, our team will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Robert Walters Recruitment (Thailand) Limited
Recruitment License No.: น. 1188 / 2551
Salary: Provident fund+InsuranceLocation: Bangkok ProvinceDate posted: 18 July 2022A leading retail business is seeking a high-calibre Senior Legal Manager (x2 vacancies) in Bangkok to support a large, complex business unit with a national remit.
Salary: Variable Bonus, Provident Fund, Annual LeaveLocation: Bangkok ProvinceDate posted: 27 June 2022The exciting Data Privacy Officer (x1 vacancy) role is just open at one of the largest vertically integrated polyester chain producers in the world and a leading global manufacturer of wool yarns. The headquarter is in Bangkok, Thailand and established in 6 countries in three major regions of the world – Asia Pacific, North America, and Europe. The corporate structure comprises of four business segments, PET, Polyester, PTA and Wool.