Country Legal Counsel
Salary VB+PF+Insurance+Travelling allowance+AL15days
Consultant Kawinthra Sukruean
Date posted 25 November 20192019-11-25 2020-01-24 legal Bangkok TH THB 80000 150000 150000 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.th https://www.robertwalters.co.th/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An exciting Country Legal Counsel (x 1 vacancy) job has just become available at one of the unicorn start-ups in online business. Reporting directly to the Head of Regional Legal Counsel, this is a role for legal counsel who is a leader in their field.
About the Country Legal Counsel Role:
Due to excellent results and future expansion plans, the Country Legal Counsel will lead the Legal team in Thailand to provide legal support to all business units and to ensure the business operation of company is in compliance with related applicable laws and regulations. The salary range for this role is THB80k - 120k per month + Provident Fund + Allowance.
- Proactively providing legal advice in a variety of legal topics (corporate finance etc.) and supporting the business growths
- Self-driven ensure company’s business to be complied with Thai laws and regulations
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating contracts and related documentation to ensure of company’s compliance with applicable laws and providing proper protection to the organisation
- Acting as an independent review and evaluation body to ensure that compliance issues/concerns within of company are being appropriately evaluated, investigated and resolved
- Providing support to internal clients on contract interpretation and enforcement i.e. (e.g. commercial claims and guidance on performance of contracts)
- Clarify internally the legal terms or legal documents or specifications to of company’s crews
- Dealing with any dispute resolution outside the court and/or inside the court that may be arisen
- Collaborating with other departments to direct compliance issues to appropriate channels for investigation and resolution
- Responding to alleged violations of rules, regulations, policies, and procedures
- Handling routine company corporate secretarial work
- Communicating and negotiating with external parties (regulators, external counsel, public authority) creating relations with government and relevant stakeholders
- Proactively providing risk management regarding business decisions and operations
- Protect of company’s intellectual property rights and mitigate the infringement
- Maintain current knowledge of laws and regulations in Thailand
- Attend and/or be entrusted as the guest speaker in the reputation events and/or university
- Leading the local legal team and align with team members in other jurisdictions
The successful legal counsel must has solid working experience in both corporate and law firms with ability to lead the team effectively and must possess good communication skills.
- Holds a law degree from a reputable university
- Four to five years of post-qualification working experience
- Previously worked at a reputable law firm or multinational corporation as a legal counsel
- Has excellent drafting and negotiation skills
- Extensive knowledge of Thai laws relating to business and investment. Experience in dispute resolution is a plus.
- Good problem-solving skills with solution-based approach.
- Fluent in English, both oral and writing
- Has excellent leadership skill
The company is expanding its reach by operating in six countries and experimenting with new endeavours that will create large impact in the markets and industries we touch. Join our ambitious growing team in building large impact consumer products and services, building real-time and big data systems and platforms, coming up with creative solutions to business and engineering problems, deriving insights from massive amount of data, and transforming industries with technology.
If you are self-motivated, committed to self-improvement and has an enthusiastic attitude towards building a career as a legal counsel, this is the role for you.
To apply for this role or find out more, please contact Kawinthra Sukruean on +66 2 344 4864 or email to email@example.com
Robert Walters Recruitment (Thailand) Limited
Recruitment License No.: น. 1188 / 2551