Senior Associate - Litigation
Salary variable bonus, provident fund, insurance
Consultant Kawinthra Sukruean
Date posted 25 November 20192019-11-25 2020-01-24 legal Bangkok TH THB 150000 210000 210000 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.th https://www.robertwalters.co.th/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A full-service law firm formed by leading law firms in Japan had extended its business to provides extensive legal services so as to address a wide variety of legal issues in Thailand, is seeking for a Senior Associate - Litigation (x1 vacancy).
About the Senior Associate - Litigation Role:
In this Senior Associate - Litigation role, you will be supervised by the Country Partner closely to serve services regarding to dispute resolution and litigation. Further you will advise clients about legal issues arising in the process of doing business in Thailand, such as compliance and labour affairs, as well as assist them to branch into Thailand by way of M&A or establishment of a subsidiary. This position will be based in Bangkok and may require occasional travel up-country and overseas.
The benefits besides basic salary for this role includes variable bonus, provident fund, insurance.
- Manage case files from inception through appeal
- Independently handle all facets of litigation from depositions, to motion practice, arbitration and trial
- Consult and report to clients; including case assessment, legal analysis, and resolution strategy
- Advocating in the Thai Courts including Civil Court, Criminal Court, Bankruptcy Court, International Trade and Intellectual Property Court, Labour Court, and Juvenile and Family Court
- Plan out litigation strategies to claim against the counter party or defend the client
- Lead and organise background information and documentation required for court hearings including drafting and reviewing court documents including but not limited to plaint, defence, motions and petitions
- Conduct legal research and draft legal opinions
- Collaborate to investigate the allegations and formulate responses
- Negotiation of settlements
- Provide and recommendations on legal substance of the case
- Manage cases, draft lawsuits, petitions to the court and other legal documents
- Being able to communicate to clients and maintaining good relationship with them
To be successful in this role, you will be a qualified/ admitted legal practitioner in Thailand and have demonstrated experience working on a range of litigious/regulatory matters in a private practice environment. You will enjoy working in a team environment as well as autonomously, have the ability to work to tight time frames and truly enjoy understanding a client's business and tailoring our service to their needs.
- Bachelor degree of laws (LL.B.) and preferably a Master of laws (LL.M.)
- Thai lawyer license
- Minimum five years' litigation experience, corporate laws is a plus
- Must have strong legal knowledge and procedures
- Experienced in arbitration and international arbitration is a plus
- Proven technical and practical knowledge of civil and criminal procedural laws
- Experience with case management
- Proficient in both spoken and written English
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, time sensitive environment
- Familiarity with a variety of practice areas and ability to get along with many different work styles
- Strong ability to multi-task; excellent organisational skills, meticulous attention to detail, excellent writing and proofreading skills
In close coordination with its Tokyo Office and our various offices throughout ASEAN (Singapore, Ho Chi Minh City and Jakarta), this law firm is committed to provide its clients with prompt and quality services. They advises on legal issues for countries surrounding Thailand (including but not limited to Cambodia, Laos and Myanmar). Furthermore, they have a wide range of experiences for in-bound transactions and Bangkok Office is well positioned to advise Thai companies on the investments in Japan. Its Bangkok Office primarily deals with the areas of practice i.e. the establishment and reorganisation of Japanese corporation's bases in Thailand, and their withdrawal from Thailand, M&A, Joint ventures, Dispute resolution, Compliance by Japanese corporation's bases in Thailand, Financial transactions (e.g., loan agreements and the creation of various types of security), Competition laws, labour affairs, intellectual property rights, and others
An excellent academic record, a high level of skill in communication and attention to detail are also required to be effective in this role.
To apply for this role or find out more, please contact Kawinthra Sukruean on +66 2 344 4864 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Robert Walters Recruitment (Thailand) Limited
Recruitment License No.: น. 1188 / 2551