Head of Legal
Salary THB200000 - THB250000 per month + Provident Fund + Allowance
Consultant Kawinthra Sukruean
Date posted 18 September 20192019-09-23 2019-11-17 legal Bangkok Bangkok TH THB 200000 250000 250000 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.th https://www.robertwalters.co.th/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Thailand’s agricultural conglomerate, leading in consumer world, is seeking a high-calibre Head of Legal in Thailand (x1 vacancy) to support a new health care and medical centre. An experienced Head of Legal will be responsible for all legal-related functions including setting up and managing legal team.
About this Head of Legal role:
This position will primarily provide legal support to all company’s business units and operations. Key among the responsibilities for this role will be (i) general corporate matters; (ii) negotiating commercial agreements, (iii) advising on regulatory issues, corporate governance, employment issues and any restructurings and M&As, (iv) compliance matters; (v) supporting marketing & sales and new business models and product development. In addition, this role will handle pre-litigation legal disputes and legal issues in commercial relationships and manage outside counsels.
The salary range for this role is THB 250K - 400K per month + Provident Fund + Allowance.
- Develop and lead corporate legal strategy to promote and protect the company's matters
- Oversee delivery of legal services and resources to accomplish corporate goals, strategies and priorities
- Advise the company on any major legal and regulatory issues the company confronts, such as litigation risks, and may act as chief litigator when a business is involved in a lawsuit
- Develop and lead internal audit and corporate compliance programs to ensure compliance with laws, regulatory requirements, policies and procedures
- Draft and solidify agreements, contracts and other legal documents to ensure the company’s full legal rights
- Maintaining proper corporate interactions with the relevant local, state and federal governmental bodies, legislatures and the community
- Providing guidance, advice, and/or training and educational programs, to improve business's understanding of related laws and regulatory requirements
- Managing a team of corporate counsel and other members of the legal department
To succed in the Head of Legal role, you must be inquisitive, enthusiastic, enjoy working hard and being continually challenged by a variety of businesses and demonstrate sound judgement even in uncertain situations.
- Male/Female, age 45 up, Thai nationality
- Bachelor's Degree in Law or related fields
- Must possess a license to practice law
- More than 15 years' experience and at least eight years in Management level of health care experience
- Ability to multi-task; strong analytic and problem-solving skills
- Ability to conceptualise and break down complex issues into actionable tasks
- Strong leadership qualities with high-level project management, interpersonal and communications skills
- Proactive and service-minded; ability to work independently
- Good in spoken and written both Thai- English
This is a unique opportunity for a lawyer (i) in a large multinational who wants to be more autonomous or (ii) in private practice to get closer to various businesses and focus on the intersection between law and commerce.
If you are a progressive Head of Legal with a can-do attitude, this is an excellent opportunity to work with an industry leader that is constantly breaking new ground.
Apply today to discuss this new opportunity.
Robert Walters Recruitment (Thailand) Limited
Recruitment License No.: น. 1188 / 2551