Salary THB200000 - THB300000 per month + Provident fund+Insurance+Dental
Location Bangkok ProvinceFULL_TIME
Consultant Suchanasa Nantanapramoth
Date posted 28 March 20192019-03-28 2019-05-27 legal Bangkok TH THB 200000 300000 300000 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.th
A world-leading energy firm is recruiting General Counsel (x1 vacancy) in Thailand to join their team. In this job, you will be responsible for leading the business in its next phase of growth
About the General Counsel Role:
This position is in the Downstream and Chemicals business in Bangkok. The General Counsel supervises a legal team that supports the businesses in Thailand, that includes a network retail outlets, trading and distribution of fuel and lubricants. The attorneys on the team provide a complete array of legal services, including commercial and transaction support, litigation and litigation management, and advising business leaders and other company personnel. The position reports to the Supervising Counsel, International Products, located in Singapore.
- Supervising two attorneys and one non-attorney. This includes formulating team strategies and objectives, providing work direction, giving advice, and reviewing work product as necessary
- It also includes hiring, performance management, compensation, and career development of personnel
- Ensuring that expenses of team are maintained within budget
- Working closely with Law management, including reporting on team activities and deployment of Law initiatives
- Independently participating in the team’s substantive work, including supporting commercial and litigation matters
- Typical tasks include providing timely, fit-for-purpose oral and written advice to business clients and Law management on projects, transactions, and disputes; drafting, reviewing, and negotiating contracts; and participating in, and managing, litigation
- Engaging with senior business leaders and working collaboratively with the businesses to understand their strategies and priorities in order to provide excellent legal support
- Providing proactive and comprehensive general corporate and legal advice in accordance with company’s policies and procedures, applicable laws, and the Company Way, including those in areas of antitrust, anti-corruption, conflict of interest, corporate governance, health, environmental, safety, information protection, and international trade
- Training clients on legal topics, including compliance and contracting
- Effectively partnering with and selecting, instructing and managing outside counsel (including managing selection and establishing and managing outside counsel budget and costs)
To succeed in this role you must have the ability to lead effectively and possess a keen understanding connection with external local legal parties.
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree in Laws (LL.B.) and qualified to practice law in Thailand
- At least 10 years' experience with leading the Legal Function and supervising the attorney team
- Strong legal knowledge preferably in businesses (preferably in oil, gas, energy industrial) and labour laws
- Strong communication skills in both Thai and English with at least 800 TOEIC score
- Highly motivated self-starter with the ability to prioritise works
- Strong interpersonal skills, including ability to work collaboratively with clients, other in-house counsel, external counsel, and Law Department professionals
- Ability to effectively analyse, manage, direct, and report on a high volume of complex and diverse issues
- High ethical standards and ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Willing to learn, takes initiative, and proactive
- Litigation experience
- Modest amounts of travel will be required
This international energy firm needs no introduction and is recognised as the leader in their field of expertise. With great clients and known for their corporate governance, they’ve won many awards. The firm is also very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards.
If you have a successful track record of in-house legal practice and enjoy working in a team environment, you can take your career forward with this exciting General Counsel role.
Apply now to discuss this new opportunity.
Robert Walters Recruitment (Thailand) Limited
Recruitment License No.: น. 1188 / 2551