Salary Attractive Package
Location Bangkok ProvinceFULL_TIME
Consultant Natakarn Wongapichart
Date posted 14 September 2018 2018-09-142018-10-27 legal 1 South Sathorn Road, Thungmahamek Sathorn Bangkok 10120 Robert Walters Thailand
A rapidly expanding online business is looking for a Corporate Lawyer in Bangkok to take on this exciting opportunity. In this job, you will be responsible mainly for commercial contracts as well as corporate law advisory.
About the Corporate Lawyer Role:
This is a great opportunity for the Corporate Lawyer to be a crucial part of legal framework. Your main responsibility is to oversee all contractual matters with respect to the company’s business operation.
- Prepare, draft, and review commercial contracts both in Thai and English to ensure that terms and conditions comply with applicable law and regulation and properly protect the company’s interest
- Prepare and provide necessary legal documents such as Power of Attorney, business and corporate-related documents
- Provide legal advice to all related parties of the company
- Coordinate with related department, eg. commercial and business units in negotiating legal terms and conditions or helping them understand legal terms and conditions as well as legal consequences
- Arrange meetings of the board of directors and the shareholders and ensure that the meetings conform to relevant laws and regulations, the company’s Articles of Association, individual board charters and best practices
- Communicate the board’s and shareholder's resolutions and policies to management and follow up their implementation
- Provide preliminary advice and recommendations pertaining to legal, regulatory and governance issues and practices related to the board
- Manage the secretarial office to serve as the centre for corporate records such as the juristic person register, the memorandum and articles of association, the shareholder register and business licenses
- Ensure that corporate information disclosure and related regulatory filings are in accordance with the laws and regulations
- Act as administrative officer with regard to board matters eg. making appointment with the board for the meetings
To succeed in this role, you must have the ability to work effectively and cooperatively with commercial and business team.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Law
- Minimum five years’ experience in related field with strong understanding of corporate secretarial practices (experience in listed company is preferable)
- Good command of English and computer skills
- Fast learner with strong working ethic and service mind
- Ability to provide proactive, creative legal solutions with a business-oriented mind
- Attentive to detail in the legal reviews of contracts and other legal documents
- Ability to learn new areas of law required to support the dynamic and fast-changing business requirements
- Ability to prioritise tasks and manage multiple projects with tight deadlines
- Ability to gain credibility and manage expectations within the organisation, and work well in cross-functional team settings
- Ability to develop strong working relationships with legal colleagues and business units across the region
The successful Corporate Lawyer will join a company whose expertise has made them the well-recognised brand. They have the people and ethos to act with speed, innovation, enterprise and creativity. The scope of the offer, the size of the business, the freedom and autonomy to drive your career forward all adds up to a great place to work.
If you are driven, determined, and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Corporate Lawyer job.
Apply now for this great opportunity.