Manager, Legal & Corporate Affairs
Location Bangkok Province
Consultant Natakarn Wongapichart
Date posted 26 July 20181 South Sathorn Road, Thungmahamek Sathorn Bangkok 10120 Robert Walters Thailand
An exciting Legal and Corporate Affairs Manager job has just become available at one of the most respected global service company for oil and gas industry based in Bangkok. Reporting to the Senior Manager and COO, this is a role for a lawyer who is a leader in their field.
About the Manager, Legal & Corporate Affairs Role:
Due to future expansion plans, the Manager, Legal & Corporate Affairs will play a key role in the legal team’s continued development and success in its Bangkok Office as well as the growing business in the Middle East.
- Handle all legal, risk and dispute issues arising within the group companies
- Draft, review, provide opinion, and negotiate commercial and other agreements necessary for business operation such as service, project, procurement, loan, and sales & purchase agreements, including their ancillary documents i.e. contractual amendments, notifications of dispute etc.
- Resolution of contractual and other legal disputes
- Risk management and maintenance of a protective insurance portfolio
- Establish offshore companies as and when required
- Deal with government agencies outside of Thailand as required
- Deal with foreign embassies within and outside Thailand as required
- Conduct legal research, give advice on legal requirements as and when required
- Deal with the legal aspects of vessel management, e.g. purchasing, flagging, insurance, establishment of supply contracts etc.
- Draft internal inter-company agreements for audit purposes
- Provide legal reviews and prepare legal documents necessary for bid submissions
- Draft employment and consultancy agreements as required, and assist with employment terminations
- Perform corporate secretarial function to support the company secretary work
- Prepare and/or draft minutes for listed companies and subsidiaries for ordinary course of business items and special business
- Ensure that the Group meets and maintains its general corporate regulatory compliance in their countries of origin
- Ensure the safe and proper record-keeping of the group’s corporate and constitutional documents
- Update and keep updated corporate and constitutional documents and summary documents of the group
- Responsible for logistics of on-site and off-site board of directors’ meetings and shareholder meetings of the group
- Maintain good working relationship with relevant shareholders and government officers having influence over group corporate matters
- Assist in group corporate exercises such as incorporations, mergers, acquisitions, dissolutions
- Manage the company annual report
- Support other departments and key stakeholders on the group corporate matters
- Report corporate activities and minutes to the group’s external and internal auditors upon request and approval from management team
- Manage the outsourcing corporate service providers of the group
- Any other matters ancillary to give effect to the above or as the reporting officer may require from time to time
To succeed in this Manager, Legal & Corporate Affairs job, you will need to have the ability to work effectively and cooperatively with the team across borders.
- Bachelor degree or master degree in laws
- Holds Thai Lawyer License
- At least eight to ten years’ experience in dealing with commercial contracts and transactions (international marine, sub-sea or engineering field will be an advantage)
- At least eight to ten years’ experience in general commercial corporate affairs as an in-house, legal counsel in government organisation or a private law firm
- Excellent English communication skills in both speaking and writing to communicate effectively with stakeholders involved that will speak and read in English
- Able to travel and/or re-locate overseas
The successful Legal & Corporate Affairs Manager will join a company where expertise has made them the leader in their field. This well-recognised brand offers a dynamic and multinational working environment.
If you are a progressive lawyer with a can-do attitude, this is an excellent opportunity to work with an industry leader that is constantly breaking new ground. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this Manager, Legal & Corporate Affairs role.
Apply today for this new opportunity.