Government Relation Manager
Salary THB180000 - THB200000 per month + bonus+provident fund+housing interest+family insurance
Location Bangkok ProvinceFULL_TIME
Consultant Suchanasa Nantanapramoth
Date posted 30 October 20192019-10-30 2019-12-29 utilities Bangkok TH THB 180000 200000 200000 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.th https://www.robertwalters.co.th/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An excellent Government Relation Manager (x1 vacancy) job in Bangkok has arisen at one of the world’s leading energy companies. Your main responsibility is to support company in the areas of government relations and issues management.
About the Government Relation Manager Role:
You will protect and enhance the company reputation by supporting Business Functions to achieve their business goals and objectives. You will be expected to engage with a range of external individuals and organisations, including trade associations, governments and their agencies, business groups, political and civic leaders.
The salary range of this role is THB 180k - 200k per month + bonus+provident fund+housing interest+family insurance.
- Steward government relations and advocacy initiatives
- Identify and build key government stakeholder relationships
- Maintain and enhance effective relationships with key stakeholders
- Issue manager for public policy and regulatory issues
- Proactively identify emerging issues that may impact the company reputation and initiate integrated advocacy, communication and outreach strategies and plans to address these issues
- Alert and advise leadership team on developments in the social/political/business environment
- Develop and align regional issues management strategies and implement global issues management plans/positions
- Support business lines and other functions to effectively carry out their business with regarding to the Issue Management and GR activities.
- Other duties as assigned by public and government affairs manager.
To succeed in this role, experience in building consensus and influencing outcomes with disparate groups will be an asset. Integrated influencing skills is a critical area for the company given the high level of interest in energy issues among government officials, opinion leaders, and the public at large.
- Bachelor’s Degree minimum; advanced degree in a policy-related discipline advantageous
- A demonstrated track record of achievement with senior business leaders
- A minimum of 10 years' experience in public policy, campaign management or related activities
- Familiarity and interest in issues related to energy, economics, the environment, and government relations
- Full understanding of company objectives and external conditions such as public opinion, social and political trends, insights into changing government priorities and power patterns
- Strong project-management skills with an ability to multi-task and remain flexible when priorities change; public policy experience is advantageous
- Ability to quickly understand, analyse and communicate (written and oral) complex business issues
- Able to work independently and influence without authority
- A positive, proactive team-oriented attitude, culturally sensitive and ideally familiar with the working environment of a large, national organisation
- Strong interpersonal skills: ability to work in diverse groups/build consensus, credibility with opinion leaders
This global company needs no introduction and is recognised as the leader in their field of expertise. You will play a key role in an innovative team operating in a fast-moving environment.
If you are a talented and focused government relations professional seeking the right opportunity to take your career forward, this Government Relation Manager job is the role for you.
Apply today or call me to discuss this new opportunity.
Robert Walters Recruitment (Thailand) Limited
Recruitment License No.: น. 1188 / 2551