Legal and Compliance Manager
Salary allowance, health insurance
Location Bangkok ProvinceFULL_TIME
Consultant Suchanasa Nantanapramoth
Date posted 21 May 20192019-05-21 2019-07-20 legal Bangkok TH THB 120000 180000 180000 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.th https://www.robertwalters.co.th/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
An international pharmaceutical business is seeking an experienced Legal and Compliance Manager (x1 vacancy) in Bangkok to support business with Thailand domestic remit.
About the Legal and Compliance Manager Role:
You will enable and drive ethical business conduct through the effective implementation of the Compliance program at the local level. In addition, you will provide legal advice and support to the company as well as assessing legal risks.
The salary range for this role is THB 100k-170k per month + allowance + group insurance
- Implement essential elements of Compliance program
- Establish local SOPs based on corporate policies and guidelines, global principles and standards, applicable laws and regulations (including the industry code). Revise all local standards and policies on a timely basis
- Act as a subject matter expert and Compliance advisor for affiliate’s leadership regarding actual/potential compliance risks, as well as provide guidance to the business functions/departments and field-force regarding the defined compliance standards.
- Act as affiliate’s leadership team-member and contribute to risk-based decision-making process
- Provide regular training to relevant functions on global policies and local SOPs, and ensure completion of Global Compliance Training Program
- Perform activity risk-assessment, develop and implement a Compliance monitoring plan. Regularly inform local Management team about monitoring results and ensure adequate remediation and action items
- Lead Country Compliance Committee and ensure regular meetings as a key body for Compliance risk assessment and mitigation.
- Ensure full implementation of Global Compliance Policy on Due Diligence and Interactions with Third Party Representatives.
- Lead local Due Diligence Committee meetings on a regular basis
- Ensure that all required activities are submitted and reviewed in line with established Compliance clearance process.
- Perform review/approval of promotional/non-promotional materials in line with established SOPs
- Support Global Compliance initiatives
- Provide legal advice and counsel to the company in Thailand and ensure that their current or proposed activities, policies, business practices, and transactions comply with all relevant laws and regulations.
- Provide methodical management of legal work in the company, to provide legal assistance to Business Units.
- Provide conclusions on accordance of the contracts, regulations, orders and other documents of the company to the relevant legislation.
- Draft legal agreements and assess relevant agreements
- Ensure legal documentations are updated & completed to protect the company assets & interests
- Coordinate the preparation and filing for state registration of changes to the statutory documents of the company.
- Coordinate and organise protection the interests of the company in court
- Advise and guide employees on current legislation
- Participate in the preparation of responses to complaints and requests from public authorities
- Liaise with regional and global legal group(s), as applicable, in support of the company
- Implement global and regional legal policies and SOPs
- Educate company officials with regulations relating to their activities, as well as changes in existing legislation, regulations and policies of company
- Promote documents and legal acts forming
- Performs other duties within its competence on task of the management
To succeed in the Legal and Compliance Manager job, you will need to have the ability to work effectively and possess a degree in law.
- Bachelor’s Law degree is required
- Minimum five years' professional experience with, or exposure to, business functions such as compliance, Audit, Finance, legal, regulatory affairs
- At leas three years of prior work experience of compliance or legal department in Pharmaceutical industry preferred.
- A global mind-set and cultural flexibility
- Proven ability to effectively build lasting relationships by demonstrating strong interpersonal and influencing skills throughout all levels of the organisation
- Ability to work independently and professionally
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive areas
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Excellent interpersonal, communications, public speaking, and presentation skills
The successful Legal and Compliance Manager will join a company whose expertise has made outstanding reputation in their field. The culture is demanding but if you have can-do attitude, the potential rewards are significant.
If you have successful track record of legal and compliance, you can take this career forward with this role.
Apply now or call me to discuss this new opportunity.
Robert Walters Recruitment (Thailand) Limited
Recruitment License No.: น. 1188 / 2551