VP - Legal & Compliance
Salary Competitive Package
Location Bangkok ProvinceFULL_TIME
Consultant Suchanasa Nantanapramoth
Date posted 13 November 2018 2018-11-132019-01-11 legal 1 South Sathorn Road, Thungmahamek Sathorn Bangkok 10120 Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.th https://www.robertwalters.co.th/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
A rapidly expanding real estate company is looking for an experienced VP - Legal & Compliance in Bangkok to take on this business-critical role. In this job, you will lead a team and be a key responsible person in managing the whole legal functions.
About the VP - Legal & Compliance Role:
Reporting directly to the EVP - Legal & Compliance, you will handle all legal matters and provide advisory for future merger & acquisition project. You will be part of management team, handling both corporate transactional and compliance works.
- Identify, monitor and manage any current and potential legal issues on the business operation as well as the M&A and/or any change of interest within the organisation
- Ensure the board acknowledgement of legal risks of the organisation
- Review and approve major commercial transactions
- Ensure corporate governance and strict compliance with all legislations, including but not limited to anti-corruption, anti-bribery and anti-competition laws and regulations
- Provide labour and employment-related advice where necessary
- Liaison with external counsel for litigation cases made by or against the company
- Provide legal initiatives that are integral to business decisions
The successful candidate must possess at least fifteen years of experience and have the ability to work on their own initiative.
- LL.B. (Bachelor's degree in Laws) from reputable university
- LL.M. (Master's degree in Laws) and/or lawyer license is preferable
- At least fifteen years’ experience in multi-national corporation and/or reputable law firm
- Well experienced in corporate and commercial laws
- Excellent command in Thai and English
- Possess an ability to adapt, multitask and think logically
This company is much more than real estate business and is anything but traditional. They have the people and ethos to act with speed, innovation, enterprise and creativity. The scope of the offer, the size of the business, the freedom and autonomy to drive your career forward all adds up to a great place to work.
If you have a successful track record of corporate legal and enjoy working in a fast pace environment, you can take your career forward with this exciting VP - Legal & Compliance role.
Apply now to discuss this new opportunity.