Company Compliance Specialist and Secretary
Salary Attractive salary
Location Rayong ProvinceFULL_TIME
Consultant Natakarn Wongapichart
Date posted 14 September 2018 2018-09-142018-11-03 legal 1 South Sathorn Road, Thungmahamek Sathorn Bangkok 10120 Robert Walters Thailand
A world-leading logistics company is recruiting a Company Compliance Specialist and Secretary in Rayong to join their team. In this job, you will be responsible for leading the compliance and secretarial function in its next phase of growth.
About the Company Compliance Specialist and Secretary Role:
In this key role you will be responsible for broad legal compliance and secretarial function, including BOI and license necessary for business operation. You will be reporting to the CFO and play an important role in the company's continued development and success in Rayong.
- Prepare, review and negotiate various contracts involving customer agreements, service purchases, vendor relationships, labour matters, licenses, leases, among others
- Ensure company follows related laws and regulations, provide preliminary advice and recommendations pertaining to legal, regulatory, and governance issues and practices
- Advise on business transactions, claim liability, opportunity to prosecute or defend lawsuits
- Provide consultation and legal advice to the company on its legal rights and obligations with respect to corporate strategic initiatives, intellectual property, labour and employment matters, dispute resolution, corporate policies and procedures, and administration
- Advise the company during the negotiations in order to clarify the major risks involved and the ways to avoid or mitigate such risks. Negotiate terms of engagement with counter-parties in order to protect the company's interests
- Follow through on steps of the commercial process to ensure full legal compliance and best risks mitigation at all steps
- Ensure that corporate information disclosure and related regulatory filings are in accordance with laws and regulations
- Draft and guaranty compliance for sales & purchase agreement, logistics agreements (storage, transportation, road, rail, etc.) shipping and chartering contracts, insurance contracts
- Create, maintain and implement standard contracts (Internal/External), terms and policies for the most common deals company's uses and ensure compliance with laws
- Develop and coordinate relations with external lawyers, and maintain good balance in between usage, efficiency and cost
- Monitor, update on laws and regulations and able to handle the compliance and legal task as may be assigned
- Perform research and analysis of reported cases, state and federal statutes, regulations and other legal materials
BOI and Company Registration
- Prepare and follow up with BOI application for new project. Maintain or renew present projects
- Prepare and collect all related documents which are legal and personal documents and submit them to the DBD, BOI
- Receive the BOI approval and proceed last process at the DBD to have the update Company Affidavit
- Perform refund BOI machine and raw material, keep update BOI’s Formula to active, review the logistics component of field office budget proposals for consideration
- Manage the inspection
To succeed in this role you must have the ability to work on your own initiative and possess excellent communication skills.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Corporate Law, Logistics, Supply Chain Management, Business Administration or related fields
- At least five years’ experience as an attorney with a corporation dealing with commercial/business contracts, and other business transactions, and labour laws, preferably in the logistics and transportation and/or energy related industry
- Experience with business, contract, Uniform Commercial Code and corporate law, Department of Transportation compliance, and knowledge of logistics and energy related industries
- Law experience in area of international business
- Ability to provide decisive leadership and team facilitation in face of adversity
- Ability to effectively relate to communicate with people across all levels of the organisation
- Excellent coordinating & interpersonal skills
- Excellent in both of Thai and English communication skills in written, verbal and presentation to effectively communicate with stakeholders involved that will speak and read in the languages
- Proficiency in computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience person who is able to work independently and perform well under pressure and limited time frames
- Thai Nationality due to the nature of the job
This leading logistics company has an outstanding international reputation in its field and great value is placed on resources development and training. With a long history this is a great brand to join at an exciting time in their development.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Company Compliance Specialist and Secretary job.
Apply today to discuss this new opportunity.