Regulatory Compliance Manager
Salary Attractive Package
Location Bangkok Province
Consultant Natakarn Wongapichart
Date posted 06 August 20181 South Sathorn Road, Thungmahamek Sathorn Bangkok 10120 Robert Walters Thailand
A rapidly expanding online business is looking for a Regulatory Compliance Manager in Bangkok to take on this newly-created role. In this job, you will be responsible for all regulatory compliance as well as other legal related matters.
About the Regulatory Compliance Manager Role:
Reporting to the Head of Compliance, you will lead all regulatory compliance matters, including establish the compliance policies for business operation.
- Have practical understanding of and hands-on experience on financial service laws and regulations in relation to Bank of Thailand, electronic transaction commission, anti-money laundering office, securities and exchange commission, revenue department as well as associated legal procedures
- Establish a structured regulatory engagement strategy for licensed entity and actively participate in regulatory reform
- Draft, revise, review and implement compliance policies, guidelines and procedures in relation to agent distribution network, e-wallet business and anti-money laundering and ensure adherence to regulatory requirements and reporting obligations
- Coordinate and work closely with business units and relevant regulators to make sure that the company fully complies with relevant rules and regulations
- Review, monitor, report suspicious transaction and keep up to date all compliance policies
- Support business units on new projects/campaigns launch in compliance’s perspective
- Promote a compliance oriented culture, plan and conduct compliance training
- Provide timely escalation of compliance issues to Head of Compliance and compliance committee
To succeed in this role, you must have the ability to work independently and collaboratively with the team and possess a keen understanding of online digital business, especially e-payment and e-commerce transaction.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Laws
- At least five years’ experience in relevant field (banking and finance or fin-tech industry will be an advantage)
- Ability to coordinate and represent company with regulators
- Ability to provide proactive, creative compliance solutions with a business-oriented mind
- Ability to learn new areas of compliance required to support the dynamic and fast-changing business requirements
- Ability to prioritise tasks and manage multiple projects with tight deadlines
- Ability to gain credibility and manage expectations within the organisation and work well in cross-functional team settings
- Ability to develop strong working relationships with compliance colleagues and business units across the region
- Strong proficiency in using Microsoft office programs, eg. Word, Excel and PowerPoint
The successful Regulatory Compliance Manager will join a company whose expertise has made them the well-recognised brand. They have the people and ethos to act with speed, innovation, enterprise and creativity. The scope of the offer, the size of the business, the freedom and autonomy to drive your career forward all adds up to a great place to work.
If you are driven, determined, and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Regulatory Compliance Manager job.
Apply now for this great opportunity.