Legal and Compliance Manager
Salary Competitive Package
Location Bangkok Province
Consultant Suchanasa Nantanapramoth
Date posted 02 August 20181 South Sathorn Road, Thungmahamek Sathorn Bangkok 10120 Robert Walters Thailand
An exciting Legal and Compliance Manager job has just become available at one of the leading global pharmaceutical companies based in Bangkok.
About the Legal and Compliance Manager Role:
You will oversee the legal and compliance-related policies and procedures as well as ensure complete and effective implementations within the organisation.
- Provide strategic advice and guidance on all legal and compliance matters to the management and all business of all legal entities, representative offices and sites within the geographical scope, including litigation and labour law
- Ensure and maintain corporate governance for all legal entities and representative offices within the geographical scope
- Provide advice and guidance on all compliance and code compliance matters to the management, business and ensure compliance governance is in place, including necessary guidelines and policies and implement global standards and processes, as necessary
- Support M&A activities, including mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures and divestitures and drive legal entity integration within M&A activities
- Drive awareness of organisation about legal and compliance topics via training, seminars and focused campaigns, including on-boarding on new hires on LPC matters
- Identify legal or compliance risks and advise on/implement risk mitigation matters
- Retain, coordinate and supervise external counsel, as necessary
- Liaise, interact and negotiate with trade associations, agencies and authorities, including law enforcement agencies
- Provide leadership to the legal team, ensure talent development within the team
- Contribute to the group’s ASEAN and global community projects and knowledge management
To succeed in this role, you will need to complete reporting obligations into country group, regional and global systems and processes on a timely basis.
- University degree or equivalent from an accredited law school
- A certified lawyer would be preferred
- Thai native language; English language must be fluent in spoken and written, to communicate effectively with stakeholders involved that will speak and read in the languages
- A minimum 10 years of experience in legal and/or compliance, gained from progressively responsible positions
- In-depth understanding of life sciences industry or similar
- In-depth working experience in MNC; strong business acumen
- Strength in planning, organisation and management with a track record in handing multiple projects and cases with a multitude of stakeholders
- Strong analytic skills and results-driven
- Strong communication and messaging with the ability to build long term relationships
- Strong record of team-oriented leadership skills honed through experience with senior management
- Deep interest in talent and people development
- Experienced in multidisciplinary project-and corresponding change management; open to innovation
- Advanced understanding of complex business issues and strategies
- Experience with work in complex organisational set-ups
The company is one of the leaders in its field and has a very clear career path planned for talented employees.
If you are driven and determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Legal and Compliance Manager job.
Apply today to discuss this new opportunity.