Location Bangkok Province
Consultant Natakarn Wongapichart
Date posted 26 June 20181 South Sathorn Road, Thungmahamek Sathorn Bangkok 10120 Robert Walters Thailand
An exciting Corporate Secretary job has just become available at Thailand’s leading IT distributor company based in Bangkok. Your main responsibility is to support corporate governance and all secretarial functions.
About the Corporate Secretary Role:
Reporting to the CEO, you will lead all corporate governance and secretarial activities. As the Corporate Secretary, you will be in charge of overseeing the compliance with the SET and SEC laws and regulations, including ensuring effective communication with stakeholders.
- Provide basic advice pertaining to the laws and regulations governing company business and the Company’s procedures, as well as monitoring corporate compliance on a regular basis and reporting any significant changes to the Board
- Promote knowledge and understanding about corporate governance principles, providing relevant information, as well as promoting and monitoring compliance among the Board of Directors
- Prepare agenda and documents for the Shareholders and Board of Directors Meetings
- Arrange the Shareholders and Board of Directors Meetings in accordance with the laws and regulations, the Company's Articles of Association, and best practices
- Prepare minutes of the Shareholders and Board of Directors Meetings, and monitoring subsequent actions in accordance with resolutions of those meetings
- Prepare and keep registrations of directors, invitations of Shareholders and Board of Directors Meetings, as well as minutes of the Shareholders and Board of Directors Meetings
- Ensure that the directors and executives have filed report on their interest and related person's interest, as required by laws
- Keep reports on interest filed by directors and executives, and presenting copies of such reports to Chairman of the Board and Chairperson of the Audit Committee, as specified by laws
- Ensure that corporate information disclosures to regulatory agencies are in accordance with the laws and regulations
- Communicate with shareholders on their legitimate rights and on the Company’s information, and serve as a communication centre between shareholders and directors and executives
- Assist and arrange performance assessment in Board activities and coordinate between the Board of Directors and executives
To succeed in this key role you must have a keen understanding of the Stock Exchange of Thailand and the Securities and Exchange Commission’s regulations. As you will be in contact with diverse group of stakeholders, you must possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Thai Nationality due to the nature of the job
- At least 5-10 years’ experience in the relevant tasks as a Corporate Secretary and Investment Relation
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to deal with a wide range of stakeholders and team members as professional from regulations and rules of The Stock Exchange of Thailand
- Capacity to think strategically, logically and independently under stressful, demanding situations and straightforward
- Trustworthy leader and ability to maintain strict confidentiality in view of access to highly confidential information
- Able to act quickly, accurately, credibly and decisively under often stressful and critical circumstances as the guardian of the company's interests
- Solid knowledge and understanding about corporate governance principles and best practices
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in Thai and English for coordination with the investors
The successful candidate will join the IT and computer products distributor company whose expertise has made them the leader in their field. The company is also very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this Corporate Secretary is the role for you. You will be a part of a forward-thinking company that values innovation and a progressive mindset.
Apply today to discuss this new opportunity.