Legal & Company Secretary
Consultant Natakarn Wongapichart
Date posted 18 June 20181 South Sathorn Road, Thungmahamek Sathorn Bangkok 10120 Robert Walters Thailand
A rapidly expanding investment group company is looking for a talented Legal & Company Secretary in Bangkok to take on a newly created role. In this job, you will take initiative and be responsible for all company secretary-related functions.
About the Legal & Company Secretary Role:
In this key role you will be responsible for ensuring the company’s compliance with the laws and regulations of the SET, SEC as well as the listed company-related requirement. You will also be in charge of providing advice and recommendation on business directions, including any legal queries raised by the stakeholder.
- Ensuring the company’s compliance with the laws and regulations of the Stock Exchange of Thailand (SET), the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and all regulatory requirements in connection with the listed company operation
- Preparing and filing all necessary documents and reports to the relevant authorities, as well as maintaining the records thereof
- Ensuring that the company’s information is disclosed in an accurate and up-to-date manner and in compliance with the laws and regulations
- Arranging the Executives, Board of Directors and Shareholders’ meetings, including preparing minutes of such meetings. Coordinating with the Board of Directors and Shareholders in communicating their resolutions to the management, including following up the implementation of any action items
- Providing legal advice on listed company operation, corporate governance, potential merger and acquisition, as well as any day-to-day matters
- Supporting the company legal function as required by the management from time to time.
To succeed in this role you must have the ability to work on your own initiative, and as you will be in contacting with diverse group of stakeholders, you must possess excellent communication skills.
- Degree in Law
- Seven years’ experience in corporate legal with at least 2 years in company secretarial matters
- Initiative and has the ability to work independently
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, including fluent in English, both writing and speaking
This company is much more than an investment group and is anything but traditional. This leading innovator has an outstanding reputation in its field and owns one of the largest solar power portfolios in Thailand (91 MW). The business succeeds on the speed of its innovation and there are great opportunities to progress in this dynamic company.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Legal & Company Secretary job.
Apply today or call me to discuss this new opportunity.