Regional Legal Counsel Asia Pacific
Salary Fixed bonus, Variable bonus, Insurance, Provident fund
Consultant Kawinthra Sukruean
Date posted 13 November 20192019-11-13 2020-01-12 manufacturing-and-production Bangkok TH THB 150000 200000 200000 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.th https://www.robertwalters.co.th/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An excellent Regional Legal Counsel for Asia Pacific role has just arisen at a leading global provider of specially surface-finishing solutions company. In this job, you will be based in Bangkok, supporting the company’s operations in Thailand, Singapore, Malaysia, Vietnam, Indonesia, Philippines, Korea and Japan. (x1 vacancy)
About this Regional Legal Counsel Asia Pacific Role:
Reporting Head of Regional Legal Counsel in Berlin, this position will primarily support company’s business units across APAC i.e. Thailand, Singapore, Malaysia, Vietnam, Indonesia, Philippines, Korea and Japan. Key among the responsibilities for this role will be (i) general corporate matters; (ii) negotiating commercial agreements, (iii) advising on regulatory issues, corporate governance, employment issues and any restructurings and M&As, (iv) compliance matters; (v) supporting marketing & sales and new business models and product development. In addition, this role will handle pre-litigation legal disputes and legal issues in commercial relationships and manage external counsels. In short, company is looking for a well-rounded legal athlete or someone with the potential to become one.
- Advise local management and business / project managers on legal risks pertaining to their activities
- Review, drafting, and negotiation of contracts of all kinds
- Coordinate and monitor local corporate and legal activities
- Oversee the application of legal guidelines and policies by the affiliates in the region
- Defend the company against claims by third parties (e.g. warranty and product liability claims)
- Represent the company in litigation and arbitration proceedings
- Hiring and coordination of external counsel
- Assist the regional affiliates to establish local standard contracts for customary business scenarios, based on global Best Practice Contracts
- Monitor the implementation and maintenance of the Contracts Database by the affiliates in the region
- Provide and/or assist with legal training in the region
- Support the Head of Integrity and Compliance and the local Integrity Officers in deploying and implementing the company’s anti-corruption, anti-trust, personal data protection, fraud prevention and export control programs
- Ensure proper management and control of legal risks while supporting the business
- Ensure that business activities comply with the laws and the relevant policies of the company
- Reconcile business needs with legal requirements
To succeed in the role, you must have experience in the negotiation of complex transactions.
- Degree in Law and subsequent professional experience with international focus and proximity to business questions
- Minimum five years' post-qualification experience in an international company, ideally operating in an industrial manufacturing environment, or an international law firm
- International acumen, gained during a stage abroad in the Anglo-American area, Europe or Singapore, by means of an international assignment or for study purposes
- Ability to deal with cross-functional problems
- A strong self-starter that can manage a complex region
- Ability to manage projects within the Legal department
The company is a leading surface-finishing solutions provider, delivering chemistry, equipment, and service to support diverse end-markets such as mobile devices, computers and other consumer electronics, the global automotive industries, and many others. The company operates in more than 40 countries with a team of approximately 3,800 experts to serve over 8,000 customers worldwide. They have a truly international and diverse team who are highly committed and passionate with an average tenure of 10 years amongst their staff base. The company treats their employees as the key to success. They offer superior work opportunities for both experienced professionals and novices in an inspiring work environment all around the world.
If you are self-motivated, committed to self-improvement and has an enthusiastic attitude towards building a career as a regional legal counsel, this is the role for you.
If you would like to apply for this role or find out more, please contact Kawinthra Sukruean (Get) on 02-344-4864 or email to Kawinthra.email@example.com
Robert Walters Recruitment (Thailand) Limited
Recruitment License No.: น. 1188 / 2551