Salary THB120000 - THB180000 per month + Variable Bonus + IPD + OPD + Annual leave
Location Bangkok ProvinceFULL_TIME
Consultant Vorubsorn Pongsiribanyat
Date posted 17 October 20192019-10-17 2019-12-16 manufacturing-and-production Bangkok TH THB 120000 180000 180000 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.th https://www.robertwalters.co.th/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
As a result of ongoing and continued successes both within Bangkok and internationally, this global leader in its field is recruiting a Legal Counsel (x1 vacancy) to join their international division based in Bangkok.
About the Legal Counsel Role:
Due to excellent results and future expansion plans, the Legal counsel will play a key role to help drive the business development and success in its new Bangkok office.
- To identify, manage and mitigate legal risks in support business activities in ASEAN with a focus on primarily on Thailand with some support for Vietnam
- To provide such other legal support on other regional (or APAC or global) matters and initiatives as directed by Head of Legal
- To be a part of ASEAN Law Department reporting to its Head of Legal
- Experience as an in-house counsel and have extensive experience in contract and commercial law, real and intellectual property law
- Must be able to handle routine legal matters within Thailand on his/her own
- Must be able to quickly develop the ability to handle routine legal matters within Vietnam on his/her own
- Must be able to handle transactional matters or project work, including project development, contract and other documentation review, negotiation and commercialisation of gas supply projects, with some (limited) support from other lawyers
- Must be able to advise, assist with or provide legal support on matters pertaining to labour and employment, corporate and company law, mergers and acquisitions, competition, data protection or privacy law, trade compliance law, litigation and dispute resolution as well as intellectual property
- Must be able to address and uphold Company Code of Business Integrity as well as its anti-corruption and other policies
- Must support and contribute to legal initiatives pertaining to, for example, risk management, training, standard contracts review, legal audits, commercial best practices, etc.
- Must be comfortable interacting with and supporting business leaders and senior managers in Thailand and, where needed, within ASEAN
To succeed in this role, you must have awareness of legal and commercial risks and, more importantly, the ability to strike a balance between the two with appropriate mitigation measures if needed.
- Degree in Law from a recognised university and admitted to the bar in Thailand
- Post-qualification experience of seven years in a reputable law firm or in-house in Thailand
- Fluency in English and Thai (both written and spoken), including legal language and terminology
- Experience in projects, commercial transactions, supply contracts, tendering process, competition, ethics and compliance, supply management and procurement including equipment, utilities and feedstock, product swaps, marketing support, agency and distribution contracts, product liability, insurance and joint ventures
- Experience in Vietnam preferred
- Strong legal, analytical, communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work under pressure and with minimal supervision
- Ability to work collaboratively and communicate with others in and outside the Thailand-Vietnam Cluster and also within the Law Department
The successful Legal counsel will join a company whose expertise has made them the leader in their field.
If you are a talented and focused Legal personal seeking the right opportunity to take your career forward, this job is the role for you. You will be a part of a forward-thinking company that values innovation and a progressive mindset.
Apply today or call me to discuss this new opportunity.
Robert Walters Recruitment (Thailand) Limited
Recruitment License No.: น. 1188 / 2551