Head of Legal & Corporate Affairs
Salary bonus+insurance+provident fund
Location Bangkok ProvinceFULL_TIME
Consultant Suchanasa Nantanapramoth
Date posted 06 June 20192019-06-06 2019-08-05 legal Bangkok TH THB 150000 200000 200000 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.th https://www.robertwalters.co.th/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An exciting Head of Legal & Corporate Affairs job (1 vacancy) has just become available at one of the most respected global service company for oil and gas industry based in Bangkok. Reporting to the COO, this is a role for a lawyer who is a leader in their field.
About the Head of Legal & Corporate Affairs Role:
Due to future expansion plans, Head of Legal & Corporate Affairs will play a key role in the legal team’s continued development and success in its Bangkok Office as well as the growing business in the Middle East.
The salary range for this role is THB 150k - 200k per month + bonus + provident fund.
- Handle all legal, risk and dispute issues arising within the group companies
- Draft, review, provide opinion, and negotiate commercial and other agreements necessary for business operation such as service, project, procurement, loan, and sales & purchase agreements, including their ancillary documents i.e. contractual amendments, notifications of dispute etc.
- Resolution of contractual and other legal disputes
- Risk management and maintenance of a protective insurance portfolio
- Establish offshore companies as and when required
- Deal with government agencies outside of Thailand as required
- Deal with foreign embassies within and outside Thailand as required
- Conduct legal research, give advice on legal requirements as and when required
- Deal with the legal aspects of vessel management, e.g. purchasing, flagging, insurance, establishment of supply contracts etc.
- Draft internal inter-company agreements for audit purposes
- Provide legal reviews and prepare legal documents necessary for bid submissions
- Draft employment and consultancy agreements as required, and assist with employment terminations
- Perform corporate secretarial function to support the company secretary work
- Prepare and/or draft minutes for listed companies and subsidiaries for ordinary course of business items and special business
- Ensure that the Group meets and maintains its general corporate regulatory compliance in their countries of origin
- Ensure the safe and proper record-keeping of the group’s corporate and constitutional documents
- Update and keep updated corporate and constitutional documents and summary documents of the group
- Responsible for logistics of on-site and off-site board of directors’ meetings and shareholder meetings of the group
- Maintain good working relationship with relevant shareholders and government officers having influence over group corporate matters
- Assist in group corporate exercises such as in-corporations, mergers, acquisitions, dis-solutions
- Manage the company annual report
- Support other departments and key stakeholders on the group corporate matters
- Report corporate activities and minutes to the group’s external and internal auditors upon request and approval from management team
- Manage the outsourcing corporate service providers of the group
- Any other matters ancillary to give effect to the above or as the Reporting Officer may require from time to time
To succeed in this Head of Legal & Corporate Affairs job, you will need to have the ability to work effectively and co-operatively with the team across borders.
- Bachelor degree or master degree in laws
- Holds Thai Lawyer License
- At least eight to ten years’ experience in dealing with commercial contracts and transactions (international marine, subsea or engineering field will be an advantage)
- At least eight to ten years’ experience in general commercial corporate affairs as an in-house, legal counsel in government organisation or a private law firm
- Excellent English communication skills in both speaking and writing
- Able to travel or re-locate to overseas
The successful Head of Legal & Corporate Affairs will join a company where expertise has made them the leader in their field. This well-recognised brand offers a dynamic and multinational working environment.
If you are a progressive lawyer with a can-do attitude, this is an excellent opportunity to work with an industry leader that is constantly breaking new ground.
Apply today to discuss this new opportunity.
Robert Walters Recruitment (Thailand) Limited
Recruitment License No.: น. 1188 / 2551