Senior Legal Manager
Salary THB150000 - THB200000 per month + PVF5% + Car Allowance
Consultant Kawinthra Sukruean
Date posted 24 May 20192019-05-27 2019-07-23 legal Asia > Thailand > Bangkok Province 75/102 Ocean Tower 2, 28th Floor, Bangkok TH THB 150000 200000 200000 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.th https://www.robertwalters.co.th/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
One of the largest vertically integrated polyester chain producers in the world and a leading global manufacturer of wool yarns is looking for a Senior Legal Manager (x1 vacancy) who has strong commercial mind-set. In this job, you will lead a team and be responsible for all legal-related functions.
About the Senior Legal Manager Role:
Reporting directly to President, you will be responsible to handle drafting, reviewing and providing comments on various types of commercial contracts for all departments as well as negotiating such contracts with the counter-parties. As the Senior Legal Manager, you will also take the lead providing all general legal advice on various aspects of law i.e. corporate & commercial law, foreign business & employment law, dispute resolutions including liaising with government entities in relation to legal matters.
The salary range for this role is THB150k - THB200k per month + Provident Fund + Allowance.
- Reviewing/providing comments on various types of commercial contracts for all departments punctually and correctly e.g. loan/security agreements, sales/procurement agreements, service contracts;
- Drafting other legal documents as may be requested from time to time by business units including power of attorneys, legal notices, and corporate minutes
- Liaising with government entities in relation to legal matters
- Providing general legal advice on various aspects of law including corporate & commercial law, foreign business & employment law, dispute resolutions
To succeed in this role, you will need to cooperate with external lawyers on transactions, litigation or dispute resolutions or other legal matters as required by business units.
- Bachelor's degree in law from a top-tier university; Master's degree is a plus
- 10 years+ of experience in corporate and commercial law transactions at law firm and/or in-house with at least 2-3 years experience in manufacturing industry
- Large firm experience and strong credentials are ideal; proficiency in English is essential due to the nature of the business
- Robust understanding of many types of contract drafting especially sale and purchase agreement, excellent in negotiation skills with high commercial acumen; understanding of contract law, corporate law, competition law, labour law and intellectual property law
- Practical and business-minded with an ability to present a business partner with real-world, pragmatic advice. Ability to work in a dynamic, multi-cultural environment is also needed
- Demonstrate confidence but remain approachable
- Ability to manage and lead deals independently; confident and able to work on own initiatives whilst maintaining a positive team spirit at all time; excellent problem-solving ability
- Confidence in speaking to management and stakeholders
- A team player, highly collaborative; can adapt at managing many demands to meet and exceed the expectations of the business and stakeholders
- Ability to manage and lead deals independently
- Hard working, well-organised and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously; attention to detail
This company is one of the largest vertically integrated polyester chain producers in the world and a leading global manufacturer of wool yarns. The headquarter is located in Bangkok, Thailand and established in 6 countries in three major regions of the world – Asia Pacific, North America, and Europe. Our corporate structure comprises of four business segments, PET, Polyester, PTA and Wool.
The company is looking for talented people in all disciplines as the company recognises that people are the key asset and we depend upon their imagination, intelligence and curiosity to drive the growth of businesses and strengthen leadership position in the marketplace.
Apply now for this exciting role.
Robert Walters Recruitment (Thailand) Limited
Recruitment License No.: น. 1188 / 2551