Regional Legal Counsel
Salary Competitive Package
Location Bangkok ProvinceFULL_TIME
Consultant Suchanasa Nantanapramoth
Date posted 18 January 2019 2019-01-182019-03-08 legal Bangkok TH THB 120000 150000 150000 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.th https://www.robertwalters.co.th/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
An exciting Regional Legal Counsel job has just become available at one of the most respected IT consulting firms based in Bangkok. Reporting directly to the Vice President, Legal - Asia Pacific, this is a role for a lawyer who is a leader in their field.
About the Regional Legal Counsel Role:
You will assist and provide legal support to the business teams across the Asia-Pacific region (Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia and Australia). You will also take the lead in developing policies and procedures to ensure that all business transactions are in compliance with applicable local laws and regulations.
- Establish and develop contractual management plans to integrate legal department’s function with the organisation's business and procurement plan
- Review and revise template of legal documents relating to the company’s products and services, for example, non-disclosure agreement, memorandum of understanding, master services agreement, sub-contractor agreement as well as software reselling agreement
- Negotiate with external contractual parties and make sure that the company’s best interest is protected
- Ensure regulatory compliance of each country and assist all necessary filing of corporate documents with local authorities
- Coordinate with other counsels and the global legal team to enhance overall legal practices within the group
- Provide legal support to the Asia-Pacific human resources department
To succeed in this role, you will need to keep up to date the internal compliance polices, such as vendor evaluation, anti-bribery, anti-corruption and export control policy, and provide regular training to employees to ensure full understanding and compliance with such polices.
- Bachelor's of Law degree (LL.B.) or above
- Eight years’ experience either in a reputable law firm or in multi-national corporation
- Experience as an in-house counsel in an IT firm is preferable
- Preferably experience in Asia-Pacific regional role
- Fluent in Thai with strong written and spoken English language skills due to the nature of the business
- Sound commercial judgement
- Good multitasking and problem-solving skills
- Willingness to travel
The successful Regional Legal Counsel will join a company whose expertise has made them the leader in their field. This well-recognised brand offers a great working environment and opportunities to progress in a dynamic company.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Regional Legal Counsel job.
Apply today to discuss this new opportunity.
Robert Walters Recruitment (Thailand) Limited
Recruitment License No.: น. 1188 / 2551
Robert Walters Recruitment (Thailand) Limited Recruitment License No.: น. 1188 / 2551