Legal & Compliance Manager
Salary Competitive salary
Location Bangkok ProvinceFULL_TIME
Consultant Suchanasa Nantanapramoth
Date posted 13 November 2018 2018-11-132019-01-11 fmcg 1 South Sathorn Road, Thungmahamek Sathorn Bangkok 10120 Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.th
An exciting Legal & Compliance Manager job in Bangkok has just arisen at one of the world’s leading FMCG companies. In this job, you will take on a newly created role and be responsible for all legal-related functions.
About the Legal & Compliance Manager Role:
A key role in the company, the Legal & Compliance Manager will be responsible for all legal affairs in the respective markets. The Legal & Compliance Manager will provide legal services, implement global L&C strategies, and ensure full compliance of the markets’ business with applicable legislation to support the business to get to its goals faster and safer. You will work closely with senior management with ability to truly develop business acumen.
- Provide legal services and support the business to get to its goals faster and safer
- Limit total legal spend to the defined threshold
- Deliver annual compliance program, including trainings to defined target groups
- Measure and continuously increase customer satisfaction
- Manage and deliver legal work-streams for the Super Group integration
- Provide legal support to other business projects in the respective region
- Contribute and facilitate the implementation of necessary corporate policies, procedures or required by national/ European/international laws
- Provide timely and top quality legal advice to business partners to gain a competitive advantage for the businesses
- Periodically report to the Regional Director on legal issues, budget and litigation status
- Identify, assess and manage levels of (corporate) risk for internal clients/corporate projects to ensure minimum future liability and cost exposure for the organisation
- Act as Local Compliance Officer for respective entities and markets
- Manage local legal support to the business countries in the region where no local in-house Legal Counsel is present
- Manage markets budget
- Responsible for outside Legal Counsel Engagements in the region in line with the global outside Legal Counsel Strategy
- Strongly liaise with others functions to foster integrated compliance management, especially with Regulatory, CGA, Finance and HR
- Ensure sharing of best practices within the legal team and facilitates sharing of best practices across business disciplines
- Law degree essential
- Fluent in Thai and English due to the nature of the business
- A minimum of 10 years of relevant post-qualification experience multinational companies and/or international law firms in developed markets
- In depth knowledge of Anti-Trust law, Advertising law, Business Law, Civil law, Intellectual Property & Regulatory, Contract law, Competition law, Compliance, Data Privacy, Compliance Management and Governance essential
- Speciality in liability, employment, administrative and tax law desirable
- Excellent command of English and another Asian language, both written and spoken
- Possess relevant IT skills
- In depth knowledge of the legislation and case law regarding, manufacturing, advertisements, distribution of FMCG products as well as competition, contracts and civil and administrative law
You will join a company that is entering a new era in the region with a solid growth outlook where you will have autonomy to shape and build the legal function to be best in class.
This is a unique opportunity to play an integral role in a post-integration business and facilitate in turning a local business into an international player.
Apply today to discuss this new opportunity.