Senior Legal Consultant
Salary Attractive salaryFULL_TIME
Consultant Natakarn Wongapichart
Date posted 13 November 2018 2018-11-132018-11-25 legal 1 South Sathorn Road, Thungmahamek Sathorn Bangkok 10120
A leading international airline is seeking a high-calibre Senior Legal Consultant in Bangkok to support a large, complex business unit.
About the Senior Legal Consultant Role:
Reporting to the Legal Manager, you will be responsible for all legal activities along with the team in Bangkok Office. As the Senior Legal Consultant, you will be in charge of contractual matters and legal advisory.
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating - contracts, leases, rules & regulations of contests and events, terms and conditions of the various products and services, board papers, resolutions, company policies, SOPs, applications of diverse kinds and other Ad Hoc legal or related papers upon request for other departments
- Lead complex legal matters including working with management in the creation of defence strategies and/or proactive strategies regarding major legal actions
- Provides legal counsel and advice on a broad range of legal topics, including immigration, academic misconduct, research compliance, employment, labour relations, public finance and securities, tax, trademarks, and international law
- Conducts complex legal research and investigation of claims and defences; develops oral and written advice and presents recommendations to management
- Litigation matters - advise management on litigation cases; monitor, liaise and coordinate with external solicitors and update status as necessary
- Establish representation and/or branch offices for new routes, liaise with local counsel, prepare and submit necessary applications thereof
To succeed in this role, you will need to have the ability to work effectively and cooperatively with business and management team.
- Thai nationality due to nature of the business
- Bachelor's degree or higher in business law or international law
- At least eight to ten years' experience in related field
- Experience both in in-house and law firm will be an advantage
- Excellent command of written and spoken English due to nature of the business
- Good negotiation and presentation skills
- Self-confidence, flexible, hard Working and stress endurance
- Able to work independently
This leading airline has an outstanding international reputation in its field and great value is placed on training and development. This is a great brand to join at an exciting time in their development.
If you are a progressive legal profession with a can-do attitude, this is an excellent opportunity to work with an industry leader that is constantly breaking new ground.
Apply today to discuss this new opportunity.