Salary Attractive Package
Location Bangkok Province
Consultant Suchanasa Nantanapramoth
Date posted 02 August 20181 South Sathorn Road, Thungmahamek Sathorn Bangkok 10120 Robert Walters Thailand
A global leader of agricultural business is seeking a talented Legal Manager to join its regional team. Your main responsibility is to support a large, complex business unit with a regional remit.
About the Legal Manager Role:
From legal and managerial perspective, you will plan, give expert advice, initiate legal solutions and take part in work process and actions to render smooth and successful business endeavours in line with company’s strategy for business growth and sustainability.
- Provide situational analysis and legal advice and solutions on every aspect of the business operations to directors, senior manager and department
- Drafting and vetting as well as participating in negotiating legal documents and contracts to ensure most suitable and beneficial positioning for the company while ensuring compliance with good CSR standard and business principle
- Be the focal point for obtaining - securing protection and management of the business’s intellectual properties, such as, goodwill, brand, copyright, trademark and rights to plant varieties
- Manage legal process required for mitigating, resolving charge, allegation, dispute, or claim at the investigation, interrogation, tribunal, arbitration and/or litigation levels
- Provide company secretarial supporting-service to the operating companies
- For investment in new territory, be the focal point for legal feasibility study to ensure full legal protection for the investments as well as compliance and prevention of timeline overrun
- If joint venture arrangement is necessary, assist the management team and functions concerned in devising, completing and negotiating legal document set as foundation for partnering in the new venture or territory
To succeed in this role, you will need to provide advice on legal and compliance prerequisites for incorporating into business and operations plans and plan implementation programs to functional stewarts, as well as division and department heads in a pro-active setting.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Laws; Master's degree in Business Law, Commercial Law is a strong plus
- 7-10 years professional experience in a variety of legal and managerial practices
- The Bar Association membership is preferred
- Has mind set for positive thinking, “can do” attitude, be innovative at work and relentless in learning and applying “new things” to work
- The candidate must be a good “team player” and a good people manager type of person
- Must be fluent in speaking, reading and writing the English and Thai languages, to communicate effectively with stakeholders involved that speak and read in the languages
- Thai applicant required due to nature of the job
The successful Legal Manager will join a company whose expertise has made them the leader in their field. This well-recognised brand offers a great working environment in full functioned offices.
If you are a progressive Legal Manager with a can-do attitude, this is an excellent opportunity to work with an industry leader that is constantly breaking new ground.
Apply today to discuss this new opportunity.