Location Bangkok Province
Consultant Natakarn Wongapichart
Date posted 04 July 20181 South Sathorn Road, Thungmahamek Sathorn Bangkok 10120 Robert Walters Thailand
An exciting Legal Counsel job has just become available at one of the world leading steel manufacturing and trading company based in Bangkok. Your main responsibility is to ensure legal compliance and support the business units on commercial agreements.
About the Legal Counsel Role:
Reporting to the Regional Counsel, you will oversee the statutory compliance and support commercial transactions for the businesses in Thailand. As the Legal Counsel, you will play a key role in the Legal team’s continued development and success in corporate governance and risk management.
- Reviewing, negotiating and amending customer and supplier contracts, including all other contractual commitments in conjunction with the relevant commercial teams
- Providing legal support for capital works projects, including regionally based projects from time to time in conjunction with the Regional Legal Team
- Ensuring statutory/regulatory compliance, including licensing with relevant authorities
- Supporting the country management team in identifying and meeting corporate governance requirements, including compliance with the company’s Joint Venture Deed (JVD) and all Delegation of Authority (DOA) approval processes;
- Providing governance and compliance training in conjunction with Regional Legal Team and Regional HR Team
- Ensuring that all regional databases and pipelines are kept up to date in respect of the business (including contracts, licences, capital works contracts etc.)
- Keeping Regional Legal Team informed of all relevant in-country developments/initiatives involving legal/risk matters
To succeed in this role you must possess a keen understanding of commercial transactions and outstanding communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Law from a reputable university, with 5-10 years’ experience, ideally with construction experience
- Able to work under pressure, prioritising competing requests and commercial objectives
- Keen practical/commercial approach and willingness to complete tasks within the required deadlines
- Good interpersonal skills, results oriented, self-motivated, confident, able to negotiate and manage conflict (including within management, regional and commercial teams), planning/project management skills
- Fluent/Highly Competent in English (spoken and written) to communicate effectively with regional team and stakeholders involved that will speak and read in the language
- Well-developed drafting skills, with a keen appreciate of risk issues and mitigation techniques
- Able to identify options that are relevant to the commercial needs of the business
This leading steel manufacturing and trading company has an outstanding international reputation in its field and great value is placed on sustainable products and business. The business succeeds on the integrity of its conduct and there are great opportunities to progress in this dynamic company.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Legal Counsel job.
Apply today to discuss this new opportunity.