Salary Attractive Package
Location Bangkok Province
Consultant Vorubsorn Pongsiribanyat
Date posted 11 June 20181 South Sathorn Road, Thungmahamek Sathorn Bangkok 10120 Robert Walters Thailand
A rapidly expanding FMCG retailer is looking for a talented Legal Manager in Bangkok to take on a newly created role. In this job, you will responsible for all international business.
About the Legal Manager Role:
Due to excellent results and future expansion plans, the Legal Manager will play a key role in the business and management team's continued development and success in its new Bangkok office.
- Drafting / reviewing contracts and legal documents in English as well as develop standard template for in-house agreements, contracts and other legal documents necessary for the operation of the head offices and stores established overseas
- Implement contract/ legal document management procedure and maintain validity and enforcement as well as manage legal housekeeping (archiving of contracts, minutes of Board Meeting, trademark registration of both Thailand and overseas and etc.)
- Drafting agenda and minutes of the Board of Directors’ meeting as well as set up the company secretary structure and acting as an interim company secretary of the overseas subsidiaries in various countries
- Provide legal consultation in support of the international business development projects and collaborate with country business unit and relevant departments in Thailand and overseas by giving proactive legal advice/service to ensure that the overseas operation are aligned with internal policy and local laws
- Cooperate with country business unit and relevant Thailand’s department to ensure that all licenses and permits required by local laws are completed and met all the legal requirements in relation to the construction, store operation and products sold/distributed
- Liaise with the claimant and give instruction and direction to external consultant in handling the claim settlement
- Writing periodically progress report to the executives regarding the investment in each country
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time
The successful candidate must possess seven years of experience and have the ability to work on their own initiative.
- Ability in drafting/ vetting English contracts/ legal documents is a must as the documents will be in English
- A good knowledge of company secretary matters
- Having foreign investment exposures or experience in wholesale/retail business will be an advantage
- Good command of English (both writing and speaking) to review contracts and legal documents in English and communicate with stakeholders involved that will speak and read in the language
- Demonstrating independence and maturity, attention to details, ability to grasp relevant issues quickly and to understand commercial context and complex legal concept
With a good number in revenue, this company is the clear number one in its markets. The business succeeds on the speed of its innovation and there are great opportunities to progress in this dynamic company.
If you are a progressive Legal Manager with a can-do attitude, this is an excellent opportunity to work with an industry leader that is constantly breaking new ground. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this Legal Manager role.
Apply today to discuss this new opportunity.