Salary Attractive Package
Location Bangkok Province
Consultant Suchanasa Nantanapramoth
Date posted 04 June 20181 South Sathorn Road, Thungmahamek Sathorn Bangkok 10120 Robert Walters Thailand
A global reputable retailer is looking for a talented Corporate Attorney to take on this newly created role. In this job, you will be responsible for all legal and compliance related functions.
About the Corporate Attorney Role:
As the only Corporate Attorney in Thailand business, you will handle diverse corporate legal activities eg. intellectual property, financial/securities offerings, purchasing contract, compliance issues, transactions, agreements, regulations, labour law and lawsuits.
- Advise on statutory compliance and ensure compliance with rules and regulations
- Draft and/or review legal letters, contracts and agreements and monitor legal obligations under agreements to ensure compliance, as requested
- Structure, draft and review reports and other legal documents
- Represent company in legal proceedings (administrative boards, court trials and etc.)
- Communicate and negotiate with external parties (regulators, external counsel, public authority, customers and etc.)
- Apply effective risk management techniques and offer proactive advise on possible legal issues
- Initiate and pursue legal proceedings as required by the company eg. prepare writs, defences, submission and other pleadings in civil cases and labour cases
- Deal with complex matters with multiple stakeholders and forces
To succeed in this role, you will need to advise agenda for board meeting and shareholder meeting and complete necessary processes and registrations in accordance with regulation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Law
- Experiences over ten years as corporate attorney in international firm
- Proven background on corporate law (contract law, tax law, accounting, securities law, intellectual property rights, labour laws)
- Excellent negotiation and communications skills
- Good command both Thai and English (reading, writing, speaking and listening)
- Administrative and managerial skills
- Good computer skills
- Hold the license to practice law
This retailer needs no introduction and offers a great working environment. The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude the potential rewards are significant.
If you have a successful track record of corporate legal work and enjoy working in multinational environment, you can take your career forward with this exciting Corporate Attorney role.
Apply now to discuss this new opportunity.