Legal Counsel and Company Secretary
Salary variable bonus + insurance
Consultant Kullaporn Chaleedam
Job Ref 1798930/001
Date posted 29 April 2022bangkok legal/banking-finance 2022-05-26 2022-06-28 financial-services Bangkok TH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.th https://www.robertwalters.co.th/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
One of the well-known asset management company (AMC) focusing on the NPL management is looking for a Legal Counsel and Company Secretary (x1 vacancy).
About the Legal Counsel and Company Secretary Role:
In this business critical role, you will be responsible for defining the business advisory strategy, delivering the highest quality legal and company secretary. The salary offered is competitive with variable bonus and medical benefits.
- Provides legal counsel to management and business units; review, negotiate or draft commercial contracts with new and existing sponsors and partners
- Ensuring the compliance of the company and the Board of Directors with the relevant laws, rules & regulations, resolutions of the board’s meetings including corporate governance practices
- Arranging meetings for the Board of Directors, related Board Committee, and the shareholders as well as coordinate to ensure that all resolutions have been implemented
- Preparing and maintaining all documents relating to the company’s statutory register of directors, notices, and minutes of the meetings of the Board of Directors as well as notices and minutes of the shareholders’ meetings.
- Preparing corporate information disclosures (annual report and Form 56-1,56-2) and related filing in accordance with the SET and Listed Companies act requirements
- Handling all corporate documents for SET, SEC, and other government departments when required
- Coordinating with both internal and external parties such as SET, SEC to ensure good governance practices and in compliance with law and regulation
- Provide preliminary advice and recommendations pertaining to legal, regulatory, and governance issues and practices related to the Board and Board Committees
- Informing Directors and Executives of any changes in regulations related to them
- Perform other tasks assigned by the Executives, Executives Committee, Board of Directors and Shareholders’ meeting of the company
To succeed in this role, you must have excellent command of English.
- Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Laws, Accounting, Business or related field
- Minimum five years of experience in legal and corporate secretary practices
- Possess experience in drafting and reviewing contracts and agreements
- Experience from listed company or leading international law firms is preferred
- Possess knowledge of listed companies & Stock Exchange Acts and understanding of SEC and SET rules in related to company secretary functions
- Excellent in communication skills both English and Thai language
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
This company is much more than (AMC) Asset management company and is anything but traditional. They have the people and ethos to act with speed, innovation, enterprise, and creativity. The scope of the offer, the size of the business, the freedom and autonomy to drive your career forward all adds up to a great place to work.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Corporate Secretary job.
If you would like to apply for this role or find out more, please contact Kullaporn (Lena) Chaleedam on +66 2 344 4826 or email to Kullaporn.email@example.com quoting the Job Reference No. 1798930
Due to the high volume of applications, our team will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Robert Walters Recruitment (Thailand) Limited
Recruitment License No.: น. 1188 / 2551
Salary: Bonus, Annual LeaveLocation: Bangkok ProvinceDate posted: 09 June 2022An exciting Senior Legal Manager (x1 vacancy) job has recently become available at a global luxury vehicle manufacturer based in Bangkok.
Salary: Annual Leave, Variable BonusLocation: Bangkok ProvinceDate posted: 10 May 2022The exciting Legal Manager (x1 vacancy) role is just open at one of the largest vertically integrated polyester chain producers in the world and a leading global manufacturer of wool yarns. The headquarter is in Bangkok, Thailand and established in 6 countries in three major regions of the world – Asia Pacific, North America, and Europe. The corporate structure comprises of four business segments, PET, Polyester, PTA and Wool.
Salary: THB120000 - THB150000 per month + VB + insurnace + Provident fundLocation: BangkokDate posted: 26 April 2022The foreign financial service company is recruiting a VP - Head of Company Secretary (x1 vacancy) to join their office based in Bangkok.