Head of Legal
Consultant Sarocha Thomas
Date posted 18 January 2019 2019-01-182019-02-16 banking 1 South Sathorn Road, Thungmahamek Sathorn Bangkok 10120 Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.th https://www.robertwalters.co.th/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
A new Head of Legal job based in Bangkok has just become available at a leading corporate banking institution.
About the Head of Legal Role:
You will be tasked to ensure the bank’s activities are well managed from the legal perspective of risk management and that risks occurred from all transactions and activities are properly mitigated.
- Negotiate, coordinate, and execute multiple contracts at the same time
- Work with clients and counterparties in multiple regions of the world, while aligning the business activities recognised best practices
- Present legal advice and data in a manner that supports accurate and appropriate decisions concerning the category and business strategy
- Negotiate regional/national/global agreements to ensure that the selection of suppliers and services, and the legal terms of the engagement and transactions, meets all of requirements, policies, and practices
- Serve as liaison between the legal department and business stakeholder to streamline the process, protect the best interest of contractually, and ensure successful and timely contract implementations
- Follow up routinely as to the accuracy, direction, and completion of objectives to ensure process efficiency and keep open the lines of communication with all concerned parties
- Continuously develop understanding of legal risks and advise business stakeholders accurately of legal and other risks associated with proposed activities
To succeed in this Head of Legal role, you should have minimum 15 years' direct experience in a legal advisory role preferably within banking business or law firms.
- 10+ years' related legal experience, with a strong preference for a focus on information technology
- Has management experience in legal field with strong leadership and service mind
- Experience working on multiple projects with often rushed and shortened timelines
- The ability to lead, influence and advise at all levels
- A very strong work ethic and diligent attention to details
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to convey a positive, can-do attitude
- Good communication skills and fluent in both English and Thai
If you have a successful track record of legal services, you can take your career forward with this exciting Head of Legal role.
Apply now for this new opportunity.