Head of Legal
Location Bangkok ProvinceFULL_TIME
Consultant Natakarn Wongapichart
Date posted 20 July 2018 2018-07-202018-09-14 legal 1 South Sathorn Road, Thungmahamek Sathorn Bangkok 10120 Robert Walters Thailand
An exciting Head of Legal job has just become available at a newly established e-commerce company based in Bangkok. Reporting to the CEO, this is a role for a lawyer who is a leader in their field.
About the Head of Legal Role:
In this business critical role you will be responsible for defining the broad legal and compliance framework and building up a strong team. You will also take the lead providing legal support and direction to the business activities.
- Establishing the company’s legal and compliance policy, procedure and risk control system
- Drafting and reviewing legal documents including general agreement, project contract, service contract, and any other types of contracts and agreements, proactively manage the risks prior to contract signing
- Ensuring legality and conducting compliance review and examination for new products in accordance with the Thai regulatory requirements
- Liaising with regulatory authorities to support daily business
- Maintaining most up-to-date understanding of the regulatory requirements in Thailand and providing rationalisation proposal to management, including but not limited to:
- Monitor and update Thai regulatory inventory;
- Track EWS, i.e., identify emerging regulatory and policy issues, update legal policies, makes appropriate recommendations;
- Develop and drive the implementation of policies; and
- Coordinate with regional regulatory counsels to report and implement policies as per Thai BOT requirement
- Reporting to the CEO on a regular basis to review legal & compliance progress on program implementation and assist with establishing improvement plans
- Reporting to the CEO annually on the adequacy of compliance program and major activities
- Working effectively to provide legal support to business departments
To succeed in this role you must have the ability to lead effectively and possess a keen understanding of e-commerce, banking and finance industry.
- Minimum 8-10 years’ experience directly related to financial industry (banking, e-payment, consumer finance, etc.); working experience in Bank of Thailand, Ministry of Commerce or Thai SEC is a plus
- Well-versed in how business operates with financial acumen
- Good understanding of the Thai financial regulatory environment
- International company or top Thai company in-house legal counsel experience, international law firm, top local Thai law firm (including international experience)
- Able to work in English; basic ability in oral Mandarin and also on written is a plus to communicate effectively with stakeholders involved that speak/read in these these languages
- Good drafting and communication skills
- High responsibility, diligence, integrity and professional ethics
- Independent thinker who can work with minimum supervision and fast learner
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytic skills and ability to understand, articulate and persuade on significant legal and business issues
This company is much more than an e-commerce business and is anything but traditional. With a joint establishment between the retail and fin-tech industry leaders this is a great brand to join at an exciting time in their development.
If you are a talented and focused Legal professional seeking the right opportunity to take your career forward, this Head of Legal job is the role for you. You will be a part of a forward thinking-company that values innovation and progressive mindset.
Apply now for this new opportunity.