Location Bangkok ProvinceFULL_TIME
Consultant Kanita Tippayajan
Date posted 27 November 2018 2018-11-272019-01-26 insurance 1 South Sathorn Road, Thungmahamek Sathorn Bangkok 10120 Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.th
An Application Support job has just become available at one of the well-known international insurance provider in Thailand.
About the Application Support Role:
In this application support position, you will have total responsibilities in IT application systems in term of supporting, designing, monitoring, implementing and troubleshooting.
- Monitoring system and proactively identify actions to sustain and improve the IT service to support business growth.
- Engaging with key stakeholders in both IT and business department for designing and supporting solution/configuration of on-going projects, business and operation requirements
- Collaborating with external vendors for implementing and resolving issues in assigned areas
- Administrate application system of the company in term of application configuration, master data setup, application user id and permission management
- Provide second level of technical support for all application systems and software components
- Troubleshoot and investigate the root cause of incidents that happen with application systems
- Work closely with application development teams and vendor to investigate, fix and test applications
- Monitor, update and maintain application systems to ensure that systems are working as operational
- Collaborate with others to implement of application patches, application setting, master data setup, application promotion and ensure proper integration of environment
- Collaborate with users and vendor on production incidents, changes and bug fixes
- Provide consultant and estimate impact for project team
- Daily monitoring and maintenance activities
- Maintain SLA, application availability, capacity and performance KPI
- Assist in the day-to-day operations of IT department
- Engagement in infrastructure initiative projects to improve the overall availability, new technology adoption, automation, etc
- Perform other duties and assignments instructed by the supervisor
To be successful in the role of the Application Support you need to understanding sense of urgency and actively respond to incidents/requests for business continuity and implement the long-term actions for preventing recurrences.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering / computer or related field
- At least two years’ experience in support, maintain and install IT application systems for medium to large organisation
- Experience in troubleshooting and investigating IT system/application incidents
- Require strong technical, analytical, interpersonal and organisational skills
- Self-motivated and able to work in a fast paced with minimal supervision and direction
- Able to work under pressure and willing to work off working hours (if needed)
- Good interpersonal communication, high responsibility, enthusiastic to explore new technologies.
- Excellent service mind and good customer service skill
- Good command of spoken and written in Thai and English as the candidate would need to work closely with English-speaking counterparts
- Experience in managing AS 400, MS SharePoint and Automation tool is a plus
- Experience in Unix is a plus
This company has been recognised as the first class insurer in the Thai market under business collaboration with the oldest strong financial non-life insurance company in Japan. The company has gained full support in every field of operation and technique from Japan which has resulted in stronger financial stability and higher performance. The company aims to provide various products with first class service to the esteemed customers and be responsible for Thai society in all activities for being the Most Trusted Insurance Company in Thailand.
If you are an active professional IT crew who have experiences in application support and want to develop your career in a first class company that offers invaluable work experience then this is the role for you.
Apply today to discuss this new opportunity.