Project Management Office (PMO)
Location Bangkok ProvinceFULL_TIME
Consultant Charupat Sangwong
Date posted 05 December 2018 2018-12-052019-02-03 banking 1 South Sathorn Road, Thungmahamek Sathorn Bangkok 10120 Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.th https://www.robertwalters.co.th/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
A new Project Management Office (PMO) job based in Bangkok has just become available at a leading financial services institution.
About the Project Management Office (PMO) Role:
Due to excellent results and future expansions plans, the Project Management Office (PMO) will play a key role in the digital transformation team's continued development and success in its Bangkok office.
- Define, implement, and maintain organisational framework including tools of professional project and program management
- Plan and implement programs or project plans with relevant stakeholders input and various work streams as applicable, deliver against program or project milestones and deliverables
- Provide guidance and coaching to novice or new project managers to understand the project management framework and practices where applicable
- Oversee the progress / performance / health of the projects, adapting the plan as needed by working with project manager / program manager / portfolio manager to provide project status report in timely manner
- Monitor the project governance and standards, mitigation of risks and resolution issues
- Ensure that decisions are taken by the right people and followed mandated standards
- Centralise project data including resources , finance and procurement, and production of project and portfolio status update for management review
- Monitor project stage gate and facilitate for gate review by management
- Lead stand-up meetings and acting as the main point of contact for scheduling and facilitation
To succeed in this Project Management Office (PMO) role, you should have prior project management experience and excellent communication skills.
- Bachelor or master’s degree in Business Administration or related field
- Minimum five years' experience in PMO/program management in finance/banking industry
- Experience in building and/or running a successful PMO
- Excellent command of English
- Excellent in business writing
- Effective communication and presentation, interpersonal, stakeholder management, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good follow-up with sense of urgency
- Strong planning and execution skills, managing within a matrix and fast-paced environment
- Up-to-date knowledge of industry infrastructure (e.g. market, customers, competitors, digital, industry and regulatory)
- Flexible, dynamic, team-oriented, results-oriented, practical, pragmatic with comprehensive view and ability to handle multiple tasks
- Advanced understanding of program management tools
This is a leading financial institution that needs no introduction. If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Project Management Office (PMO) job.