Information Security (AVP)
Salary Attractive Package
Location Bangkok Province
Consultant Kanita Tippayajan
Date posted 06 July 20181 South Sathorn Road, Thungmahamek Sathorn Bangkok 10120 Robert Walters Thailand
An excellent head of information security unit has just become available at one of the most respected global company based in Bangkok. This is role for a talented IT security person who is a leader in their field.
About the Information Security (AVP) Role:
In this security critical role you will be responsible for developing and overseeing information security policy, procedure and process, in order to provide direction and objective for TG to perform its activities in regards to security standards.
- Develop information security policy and standard for network and services to ensure that activities are being performed effectively and efficiently
- Develop operation, system and network performance standard and measurement systems to encourage best practice and work efficiency
- Monitor and review technological security update to ensure that strategies and roadmap reflect new technological trends
- Provide recommendations regarding information security direction on key projects and activities of the group to ensure that activities are being performed in alignment with security plans and policies
- Interact with Group Business Security and with employees, top management, board and other stakeholders in the Business Unit
- Cascade and follow up the execution of information security to ensure that the activities are being governed and performed in alignment with security standard and policies
- Ensure alignment of information security policy with company strategy and policy to prevent directional conflicts with business users
- Be accountable for other certain works as assigned from immediate superior level
- Supervise, monitor and control utilisation of CAPEX and OPEX to ensure optimal corporate benefit, as well as alignment with budget plan
- Ensure the development of a capable and motivated team to sustain organisation profitable growth
- Manage, monitor, and evaluate performance of subordinates to ensure achievement of department goal and target
- Ensure operational compliance with company policies and regulatory requirement to drive towards sustained operation and promote corporate governance
- Evaluate and manage risk to be within acceptable risk level in order to minimise potential business disruption
- Collaborate and support on corporate agenda upon request
To succeed in information security (AVP), you will need to have analytic skill and innovative mind-set with strong professional integrity and strong commitment to security with the ability to work effectively and cooperatively with the global team.
- Relevant Bachelor degree or higher in information security, information and communication technology, computer science, telecommunication or related field
- At least nine years of working experience in IT Security
- Minimum five years of relevant experience within security, having an updated understanding of cyber threats and cyber security
- Experience with crisis management and incident handling
- Strong business understanding and experience
- Experience from different fields of expertise can be an advantage
- Audit skills in terms of practice, training or formal certification is an advantage
- Knowledge related to secure software development and/or data analytics is preferable
- Knowledge of ISO 27xxx series and other relevant security standards
- CISM, CISSP or other related certification would be preferred
- Business level English to communicate effectively with stakeholders involved that will speak and read in the language
This company is recognised as a modern working style with good environment and fun office space. The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude the potential rewards are significant. The firm is also very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Information Security (AVP) job.
Apply today to discuss this new opportunity.