Internal IT Audit
Salary Attractive Package
Location Bangkok Province
Consultant Kanita Tippayajan
Date posted 26 June 20181 South Sathorn Road, Thungmahamek Sathorn Bangkok 10120 Robert Walters Thailand
An exciting new Internal IT Audit job opportunity has been made available at a telecommunication company in Bangkok.
About the Internal IT Audit Role:
To provide independent, objective assurance and consulting service in order to help the organisation to accomplish its objectives by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control and governance processes. This position will be a key element into providing management with value added advice and recommendations on how to improve internal controls and processes. In addition, it will be part of the Global IT and Cyber / Information security team, report to VP IT and Cyber Security and participate or lead internal audit assignments within the team’s core areas or other areas as needed.
- Preparation of the yearly audit plan by preparing risk assessments and carrying out interviews. Contribute to adequate coverage of IT / Cyber Security risks as part of the Group audit plan. Plan and perform value-adding reviews of information / cyber security posture, business and operational systems, IT Governance and operations
- Conduct application systems and IT process reviews in accordance with generally accepted IT audit principles
- Lead reviews to address current / emerging risks associated with IT Governance, Cloud Computing, Cyber Security, Network Architecture, and Data Privacy etc.
- Lead internal audit assignments within other areas such as governance, core services/digital, financial services or support investigations when needed
- Assist in the selection of expert outsourced partners for special reviews and supervise work from outsourced resources when necessary
- Internal audit assignments include the following steps: liaising with management for planning, preparing work program under the supervision of the VP, collecting data and performing preparation work, performing the assignment, sharing and discussing conclusions with local management. Preparing the audit report. Document audit work in GIA&I GRC platform Archer application
- Be an advisor to management on improving governance, processes, systems, controls and understanding of risks
- Follow-up on open recommendation, answer management questions and support implementation of corrective actions
- Support the VP IT and Cyber/information security into planning audits and other activities. Actively work with peers to develop work programs, maintain the internal audit system, and ensure a professional audit process
- Provide expertise in emerging IT-risks such as governance, network, cyber/information security, data privacy and vendor management. Establish mechanism to help peers in GIA&I to remain updated on emerging IT risks and trends on a regular basis
- Work closely with Global internal audit and investigation in order to find best practice
To succeed in this role, you must have a university degree (Bachelor or above) within IT/telecom/business administration/auditing.
- Professional certification (e.g. CIA, CISA, CISM, CEH, CISSP etc.) in IT Audit / Security is considered beneficial
- Extensive work experience within one or more of the following areas: IT/IT-Governance, Network, IT-/Cyber audit or Cyber/information security
- Strong understanding of concepts related to information systems audit, information security, general IT controls, application controls and technology risks
- Solid technology skills including experience with operating systems, security software, network security, telecommunications, database management systems, business and operational application, and system development and project management practices
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally for one to two week periods. Ease of work in MS Excel and/or data analysis tools
- Understanding of general governance, risk, and compliance (GRC) concepts is a plus
- Experience with continuous process improvement is also a plus
- Very strong command of English, especially written as report writing and reviewing will be a large part of the day to day tasks
- Exposure to projects / work in Asia
- You are a team player
- You are self-driven
- You are organised and trustful
- You have a strong personal integrity
- You are analytic, resourceful and solution-oriented
- You have the ability to quickly acquire and utilise knowledge on new technologies and solutions
- You have strong communication skills
- You have strong leadership skills
- You have strong collaboration/influencing skills
This company is recognised as a modern working style with a good environment and fun office space. The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude the potential rewards are significant. The firm is also very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Internal IT Audit job.
Apply today to discuss this new opportunity.