Consultant Kanita Tippayajan
Date posted 19 December 2018 2018-12-192019-02-17 it Bangkok TH THB 80000 100000 100000 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.th https://www.robertwalters.co.th/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
A new Platform Engineer job has just become available at one of the new digital-oriented companies based in Bangkok, Thailand. You will explore upcoming technology and new platforms for new use cases.
About the Platform Engineer Role:
Working within the data analytics platform development team, you will be responsible for the design, development, and implementation of large multi-node clusters to implement the data pipeline and analytical solutions at scale.
- Gather requirements and infrastructure to help the Product Teams achieve their goals
- Provide guidance on suitable options, designing, and creating data pipeline for the analytical solutions data lake / data warehouses to specific micro services
- Build and automate environment creation
- Monitor system with right alerts to meet SLA
- Work closely with both the back-end developers as well as the IT data architecture group
- Be a strong advocate for a culture of process and data quality across development teams
- Follow an agile development methodology
To succeed in this Platform Engineer role, you should have strong communication and analytical skills and an ability to work as part of an agile team (product owner, developers, etc.) with traditional IT, where you will interact with the data architecture group to gather system knowledge necessary to execute your tasks.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics or related fields
- Six to 10 years' experience on managing multi-cluster Hadoop Distribution and ecosystems such as Spark, HIVE, Oozie and hands-on skills in open source tools to manage large distributed systems
- Experience with messaging queues such as Kafka or Rabbit
- Experience building highly scalable and secure analytical solutions
- Experience with building alert and monitoring systems
- Strong skills in Linux and shell scripting
- Knowledge of DevOp and automation concepts
- Knowledge of Elastic search is a plus
- Prior experience with Spark SQL, Impala, Presto and similar languages
- Telecommunications industry and data model knowledge is required
- Strong analytical, trouble shooting and problem-solving skills
- Experience working in a start-up environment or an organisation with an agile culture
If you are an active Platform Engineer and are keen to join a fast-growing technology firm that offers an excellent environment and career progression opportunities, this role will be a good fit for you.
Apply today or call me to discuss this new opportunity.