IT Infrastructure Architect
Location Bangkok ProvinceFULL_TIME
Consultant Kanita Tippayajan
Date posted 18 January 2019 2019-01-182019-02-09 insurance 1 South Sathorn Road, Thungmahamek Sathorn Bangkok 10120 Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.th https://www.robertwalters.co.th/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
A rapidly expanding technology group is looking for a talented IT Infrastructure Architect to join its international team based in Bangkok. As you will be working in an international environment, proficiency in business English is required for this job.
About the IT Infrastructure Architect Role:
You will work with a diverse team of English-speaking PMs, system engineers, network engineers, DBAs, infra vendors, software development teams and business users in a leadership role to close the gap between them. You will also be involved in architecture review/audits to define technology standard/process/policies and provide technical guidelines and support during implementation phase.
- Gather business requirements and create design proposal for targeted customers
- Develop technical infrastructure solutions to ensure the effective design and seamless integration of new solutions into the existing infrastructure platforms
- Provide technical consultancy around infrastructure and architecture design related topics during project implementation to ensure that the deployed solution remains intact with the proposed design proposal
- Assess, document current state architecture (As-is), and define targeted architecture (To-be) ensuring that the future state designs are according to group security policies, capacity/business growth, scalability, performance, and resiliency requirements
- Stay abreast of industry trends and assess new technologies/products to develop local infrastructure roadmaps aligning with global/group infrastructure strategies
- Bridge a gap on different areas of the infrastructure i.e. hardware, network, and database among internal infrastructure teams (PMs, System Engineers, Network Engineers, DBAs, and Vendors), software development teams, and business users
- Participate in architecture reviews and/or audits
- Define and maintain architectural documentation and technology standards, processes, and policies related to core infrastructure
- When required, provide technical infrastructure support e.g. investigating and resolving implementation issues during implementation phase
To succeed in this IT Infrastructure Architect role, you will need to explore new industry trends, technology and product to develop local infrastructure roadmaps aligning with global/group infrastructure strategies. You will also need to analyse current infrastructure architecture state and develop future state design solution in accordance with business requirements, standard best practices, project timeline and, approved/allocated budget.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, IT or related fields
- At least three years' experience in designing and implementing IT infrastructure at scale
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, to effectively develop technical documentation and make presentations in English
- Demonstrated ability to understand customers' needs and articulate technologies to business stakeholders
- Analyse current infrastructure architecture state and develop future state design solution in accordance with business requirements, standard best practices, project timeline and, approved/allocated budget
- Demonstrable project delivery experience with consideration of design and implementation estimates
- Demonstrable successful proposal experience including developing and presenting technical requirements based on business requirements gathered to the customer up to management levels
- Hands-on experience in at least three of the following technology stacks are desired: VMWare, Weblogic, WebSphere, Apache, Tomcat, IIS, NGINX, F5, Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift
- Knowledgeable in both Linux and Windows environments
- Strong technical troubleshooting, analytical skills, creative thinking, and innovative approach to problem solving
- Ability to work in a team environment as a team member or as a team leader
- Multinational and/or cross border project experience is desired
The IT Infrastructure Architect will join a company whose expertise has made them the leader in their field. This well-recognised brand offers a great working environment in comfortable and modern offices.
If you are a progressive Infrastructure Architect with a can-do attitude, this is an excellent opportunity to work with an industry leader that is constantly breaking new ground.
Apply today to discuss this new opportunity.